News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mark chalfant

Sleepy Hollow's new12th ? (CBM/ Bahto)
« on: December 12, 2007, 11:40:02 AM »
Im dying to learn about this par five of c. 550 yards near scenic Tarrytown, NY. Is anyone  familiar with the finished product. Is this hole reachable in two  for someone who hits a drive "only 270" ?  Must  a ravine be carried on the golfers  second or third shot. Are any photos available showing the topography from tee to green ?

thanks
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 12:14:37 PM by mark chalfant »

Bill Brightly

Re:Sleepy Hollow's new12th ? (CBM/ Bahto)
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2007, 12:22:41 PM »
I saw it last month, and it is a very cool hole. If I have the hole number right, I think this is the brand new double plateau green. It was part of tying in the Tillinghast holes with the Macdonald holes, and I think the old Tilly green is being abandoned.

Hopefully Corey Miller and/or George Bahto can post a picture and answer your question about reaching it in two.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 07:16:01 PM by Bill Brightly »

corey miller

Re:Sleepy Hollow's new12th ? (CBM/ Bahto)
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2007, 01:27:47 PM »

The new hole plays 535 and 550 with the shot into the green being uphill and generally into the wind.  The hole doglegs left at about the 250, mark with a creek that runs through from the right side of the green to about the 150 mark on the left side of the fairway.  

A layup shot benefits greatly with a better angle to the green  if it crosses the creek and reaches the left fairway.  Plenty of room on the right fairway to get close to the green but a really bad angle is created and of course the creek still has to be crossed.

It takes two substancial pokes to reach the green in two.  We are monitoring if any trees need to go on the inside of the dogleg.  We have taken a lot out already, but want the left fairway to be a viable option.  

This hole is where Gil and George built a double plateau green that is a little tilted.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back