News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Stamm

Re:Bryan Izatt Classic @ Rustic Canyon Tomorrow Any Takers?
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2007, 11:43:10 PM »
Do we know what the weather is going to do? It's pouring now!

"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2007, 12:46:37 AM »
Clear and cool. It is not raining here at all right now and I talked to Bryan tonight and he got 36 in today at Los Olivos.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2007, 12:23:31 PM »
Lynn, I think I saw it but I forget when and where and who I was with...
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2007, 07:00:44 PM »
Have to wonder how Bryan likes Rustic. After all, it has no ponds, or waterfalls for that matter.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2007, 03:32:15 AM »

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:39:50 AM by Tommy Naccarato »

RJ_Daley

« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2007, 02:46:20 PM »
Somehow the setting looks very different.  Is that due to the fires a couple of years ago?  I can't figure just which hole the last pic is.  I was thinking 5 or 7?
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2007, 03:08:58 PM »
Dick,
That's #17 from the middle tee.

Rustic has many different suits throughout the year. When the hillsides become grown-in with Foxtails in the spring, you'll see them looking familar, but very green. Mustard and Rosemary start growing and the hillsides become even more brilliant in color. The Mustard dies out and the Foxtails brown and suddenly it has an even more rustic look. During the winter the Foxtails completely die and the hillsides look rather dramatic and barren. Still, the hilsides do show some wear and tear from the fires, but it it's more that they have been cleared by the fires. Nature restores itself.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2007, 03:10:28 PM by Tommy Naccarato »

David Stamm

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2007, 03:47:16 PM »
It was a great day out there and the weather was suberb. A good stout wind on the back. Great photos TN especially of 8.
"The object of golf architecture is to give an intelligent purpose to the striking of a golf ball."- Max Behr

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #33 on: December 03, 2007, 02:30:36 AM »
Tommy, thanks again for arranging the outing at Rustic.  Not sure about the first annual, but the thought is nice.  It was great meeting the SoCal guys.  If any of you ever find yourselves in Ontario (Canada, that is) give me a call.  We have some great public (and private) courses up here for seven months of the year.

We loved Rustic.  It brought real meaning to defending par at the green (well at least they killed me).  Loved the closely mown surrounds and the ability to run the ball up.  David and I had some fun trying putts from a hundred yards in to some of the greens.All in all, great fun.  Only jarring note was the gnarly rough surrounding the bunkers.  It seemed out of character.

Today we were up to Soule Park (cut short by an hour frost delay and subsequent slow play) and Ojai.  Tommy, I'm going to have to search out your "travesty" comments.  Apart from being kinda claustraphobic, it was pretty interesting.  I, of course, have no knowledge of previous incarnations to compare it to.

Garland,  I'm not sure I ever espoused ponds and waterfalls.  My favourite courses are some of the Scottish links courses that have neither.  Although, I am tempted to go to Trump National just to see what all the negative fuss is for myself.

Tommy, thanks again for the day, and pairing us with David.

rjsimper

« Reply #34 on: December 03, 2007, 09:25:14 AM »
If it wasn't 60 and sunny here, I'd be a little more upset.  Sorry I missed you guys, though.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #35 on: December 03, 2007, 10:44:29 AM »
Garland,  I'm not sure I ever espoused ponds and waterfalls.  My favourite courses are some of the Scottish links courses that have neither.  Although, I am tempted to go to Trump National just to see what all the negative fuss is for myself.

Looky there. Rustic was so good he is in denial of his previous appreciation of ponds and waterfalls.  ;D

"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

David Stamm

« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2007, 12:54:05 PM »
Bryan, it was great to meet you at the outing. I hope you enjoyed RC. Please forgive my rudeness as I didn't even say goodbye when we all left. Enjoy your trip out here and let me know if you need another for Barona when you come down here.

David Kelly

« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2007, 08:45:36 PM »
Did anyone see Julie Christie in "Away from Him", maybe it was Away from Her.
At 67 she is still stunning.

Spoken like a man in his seventh decade.
"Whatever in creation exists without my knowledge exists without my consent." - Judge Holden, Blood Meridian.

Tommy_Naccarato

« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2007, 11:24:08 PM »
Are you sure it isn't his 8th?

James Bennett

« Reply #39 on: December 04, 2007, 12:06:38 AM »
Hey Tommy, we are both in our sixth decade, and we aren't even fifty!  David must think that Lyn was a young father.

James B

(1950's decade, then the 60's, 70's, 80's (some call it a forgettable decade), 90's and now 00's makes six decades for someone born in the 1950's).
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Bryan Izatt

« Reply #40 on: December 05, 2007, 02:26:30 AM »
Bryan, it was great to meet you at the outing. I hope you enjoyed RC. Please forgive my rudeness as I didn't even say goodbye when we all left. Enjoy your trip out here and let me know if you need another for Barona when you come down here.

It was nice meeting you too, David.  We're going to be at Barona on Thursday, Dec 6.  I've got a tee time at 8:50 a.m. if you want to join us.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back