News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

George Pazin

A few more Oakmont photos
« on: November 09, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
New site member Matt O'Brien emailed me these photos and asked me to post them for him. They were taken the day of the recent charity event, 10/29.

Approach shot to the 5th green, from the left side of the fairway

Approach shot to the 14th green, from the right side of the fairway

Self explanatory :)

Matt did a great job showing the general land movement, and especially putting some size perspective on the Church Pews.

I'll let him know these are up, hopefully he'll comment shortly.
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

George Pazin

Re:A few more Oakmont photos
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 02:43:10 PM »
Approach on 18, from the right rough

The daunting Big Mouth, next to the 17th green

The tee shot at the 2nd
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

igrowgrass

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 03:32:59 PM »
How far out is the fairway bunker on #2?  When I played there that hole was under construction and we didn't get to hit the tee shot.  

George Pazin

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 03:45:42 PM »

I'm not sure which bunker you're referring to, but if you mean the one actually in the fairway, I believe it's about 40-50 yards short of the green.

Matt OBrien

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 04:25:31 PM »
George thank you for posting the pics on here as I am new to the posting thing and I can not figure it out. Oakmont was amazing. Pictures do not do this place justice. There were two things that day that I will never forget. The speed of the greens was incredible, and then you add the slope and subtle breaks and it alsmost made it impossible. As stated before by Paul Jones, Paul and I were practicing on the putting green and playing small games and a few times it was more of a comedy show because the 10 foot putt you just had was now 40 ft coming back. The other thing was the church pews. On TV and in picture they look nice and they look big. When you actually get to them and get in them they are enormous. Thank god I met george the night before and He let me borrow his sandwedge because that seemed to be my fav club that day. WPGA did an awsome job that day and thank you to GCA for notifying others of this event. Hope they have it next year as I will be there again.

Matt OBrien

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:10:58 PM »
How far out is the fairway bunker on #2?  When I played there that hole was under construction and we didn't get to hit the tee shot.  

I Hit driver on 2 (I dont know why) But I remember it being about 260 from the blue tees.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back