News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Adam Clayman

Josh Smith in Golfweek
« on: November 13, 2007, 06:42:04 PM »
Atta Boy!

http://www.golfweek.com/lifestyles/story/painting_feature_111207

Josh, If you happen to see this could you share some images of The Cal Club? I was there before Riger started any of the work.
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Jed Peters

Re:Josh Smith in Golfweek
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 06:47:40 PM »
Josh:

We went to St. Mary's together apparently. Same age/graduation year.

Anyhow, why aren't you playing this weekend????? Still got room for ya, man!

Jed

Jeff_Mingay

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:22:00 PM »
Great article. Thanks for the link, Adam.

I've gotten to know Josh a bit over the past few years. He 's a good guy, and a realy talent. For sure.
jeffmingay.com

Jay Flemma

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 10:38:34 AM »
Way to go Josh, congratulations!  I'd love to see some of your work on the Cal Club as well!

Josh Smith

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 11:28:20 PM »
Adam,

Thanks for alerting me of this link.  I did not know this article was published.  Brad Klein came by Cal Club a couple of months ago and thought that some story could be written about my mis-woven career path.  

Jed,

Small world, we will have to catch up to see if we may have ever crossed paths at SMC.  I would love to golf with you guys, however we have been doing 7 days a week for a while now, and don't see it happening.  I really enjoy Morgan Creek.  Ask Thawley about my 75 first time seeing the course!

Here is a construction photo of 18 at The California Golf Club sans lakes.

And a random closeup side view of the par 3 12th recently hydroseeded.

Jordan Wall

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2007, 11:31:39 PM »
Josh,

Awesome!

Can we hope to see some paintings of the finished product?

Cheers,
Jordan

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2007, 10:55:23 AM »
Nice to see the "new" 18th. While the old version was certainly difficult, the h2o was quite oval and out of place. Was the other lake adjacent to the one on the 18th filled in as well?
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Jed Peters

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2007, 11:00:02 AM »
Jed,

Small world, we will have to catch up to see if we may have ever crossed paths at SMC.  I would love to golf with you guys, however we have been doing 7 days a week for a while now, and don't see it happening.  I really enjoy Morgan Creek.  Ask Thawley about my 75 first time seeing the course!

Yeah, you may recognize me, but as a transfer student living off-campus for only two years, I didn't hang with too many people.

75 first time is VERY impressive! He must have told you where to hit it on every shot! Haha!

Adam Clayman

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2007, 11:06:39 AM »
Thanx for the pictures. What a transformation.

When I first heard about The Cal Club the whisper was the course was actually better than some of it's high falut'in neighbors. The bones were there, and, it's just amazing to see them revealed.

Who's doing the recent work?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2007, 12:12:07 PM »
Kyle Phillips is doing the work.   There is some information on his web site, www.kylephillips.com including this photo from 1927.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back