News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

PThomas

a hole that always gives you trouble
« on: November 09, 2007, 08:38:52 PM »
one for me is the 10th at the Meadow Valley course at Blackwofl Run...dogleg right, only 370 from the blue tees but a tight drive with lots of trees on both sides, then a somewhat tricky 2nd
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Joe Bausch

Re:a hole that always gives you trouble
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2007, 09:03:37 PM »
#5 at Bethpage Black.  Played it three times now and have gone double, double, single.
@jwbausch (for new photo albums)
The site for the Cobb's Creek project:  https://cobbscreek.org/
Nearly all Delaware Valley golf courses in photo albums: Bausch Collection

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:04:25 PM »
6th Hole at Mountain Lake. I can never get the line off the tee, and the fear that my backswing may hit the gatehouse from the back tee never helps either.

Great hole, though.

Scott Szabo

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 09:07:00 PM »
Sand Hills #4.  Have played it three times, scoring double bogey on it each time.
"So your man hit it into a fairway bunker, hit the wrong side of the green, and couldn't hit a hybrid off a sidehill lie to take advantage of his length? We apologize for testing him so thoroughly." - Tom Doak, 6/29/10

J_ Crisham

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2007, 09:13:03 PM »
The third hole on the North course at Olympia Fields is 439yards of great golf. A moderately long tee shot will still leave one with a 5 or 6 iron to an elevated well bunkered green. I have yet to par it in several attempts. Missing the fairway usually precludes any chance of a go at the green. definitely a hole that leaves me humbled.

Brian Laurent

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2007, 09:15:07 PM »
#2 on Scarlet (OSU)...I'm not sure if there's a fairway on this long par 4.
"You know the two easiest jobs in the world? College basketball coach or golf course superintendent, because everybody knows how to do your job better than you do." - Roy Williams | @brianjlaurent | @OHSuperNetwork

Matt OBrien

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2007, 09:17:18 PM »
C 1 and C 2 at huntingdon valley give me nightmares. I have played C2 about 15 to 20 times and I have NEVER birdied it and have pared it maybe 3 times. Im sure im not the only one with this problem on this hole

Bart Bradley

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2007, 09:17:47 PM »
#18 at Harbour Town....Anybody here play that hole consistently well?????  I don't think even the PGA players can master that beast.

Bart

J_ Crisham

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2007, 09:31:58 PM »
The tee shot is fairly simple . the second shot is pure Harbour Town-small target,very easy to miss this green. Leaving your approach out to the right can give you a chance. Left or short is dead. Truly a great closer.  

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2007, 09:34:47 PM »
The 17th hole at my club:The Members Club at Four Streams gives me fits.  It is only about 400 yards long and is a relatively easy driving hole.  The green is sloped from right to left more than it looks and has two bunkers short and fronting the left side of the green.  The right side of fairway also slopes from right to left at the green and can be used to bounce the ball on to the green.  I play to a four but probably par this hole only 25% of the time.  It has gotten so bad that I step up to the tee and think bogey.  It just has gotten in to my head.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bart Bradley

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2007, 09:35:09 PM »
The tee shot is fairly simple . the second shot is pure Harbour Town-small target,very easy to miss this green. Leaving your approach out to the right can give you a chance. Left or short is dead. Truly a great closer.  

Yeah, a chance to chip twice and 2 putt for my usual double... ;) tough hole.

Bart

Mike Boehm

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2007, 09:39:07 PM »
The 14th at Oakland Hills South has killed me all three times I've played the course.  I've struggled with the drive on it, having a hard time to figure out what line to take from the tee.  But, the biggest problem for me has been the green.  All three times I've played it, the pin has been on the right side of the green and I've been on the wrong side of the large swale that bisects the center of the green.  Three three putts, two of which were for doubles later, I've decided it is just a better hole than I am a golfer.

SPDB

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »
15th at PVGC. It is hard as nuts and gives everybody trouble - no doubt - but i would gather that in numerous trips around, I have rope hooked my tee shot left into the trees probably 75% of the time. I have no idea why. Stranger still is that I usually play exceptionally well on 14, so I find myself usually stepping to 15 tee with a decent amount of confidence.

I am almost always walking off that green with no better than double bogey.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2007, 10:08:35 PM by SPDB »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back