News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bart Bradley

This is one of the coolest par 3...
« on: October 11, 2007, 07:53:04 PM »
holes that I have ever played.  I am sure many of you will know this hole instantly.  The green is hidden inside the set of dunes you see in the fist photo and then close ups of the green follow....What do you think of this hole?  I have never seen another like it.

jeffwarne

Re:This is one of the coolest par 3...
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 07:56:57 PM »
That's the easiest hole in the world.
Gets aced more often than the ones peter kostis reported on so accurately for ESPN ;)
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

Kyle Harris

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 07:59:28 PM »
Is that The Dell at Lahinch? Green looks bigger than I thought it was...

Bart Bradley

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 07:59:41 PM »
That's the easiest hole in the world.
Gets aced more often than the ones peter kostis reported on so accurately for ESPN ;)

What did Peter Kostis say???

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2007, 08:02:24 PM »
Very famous for hole in ones, the 12th in Ballybunion as well  ;)
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Bart Bradley

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2007, 08:02:58 PM »
Is that The Dell at Lahinch? Green looks bigger than I thought it was...

This green is huge and, in fact, the majority of the green is hidden from the tee.  It is Lahinch.  That is my son chipping from the side of the dune...went completely under the ball but the slope carried the ball down and it rolled to a foot for a par...What a memory.  Have you seen or played anything like this?

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2007, 08:05:25 PM »
Always a great place to watch the world go by, plenty of shots that you wouldn't see anywhere else.
There are painters who transform the sun to a yellow spot, but there are others who with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun.
  - Pablo Picasso

Padraig Dooley

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2007, 08:06:08 PM »
Never felt the green was that big, very wide though.

- Pablo Picasso

BVince

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2007, 08:07:24 PM »
What a great father/son experience!  Hope you enjoyed.
If profanity had an influence on the flight of the ball, the game of golf would be played far better than it is. - Horace Hutchinson

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2007, 08:16:11 PM »
Bart,

I don't want to upbraid you; it is important to bring newbie blood to our Treehouse lest we all fall prey to the high-handed bluster of congenital curmudgeons sporting Wicker Baskets on their overly-tight neckties.

However, I tend to copy the best photos on this website for my personal collection, a rotating slide-show of the world's most wondrous golf holes from Cypress Point to County Down.

My collection had two conspicuous omissions, one the Dell at my favorite golf course in Ireland.

The next time you post a photo of a great golf home defaced by your mug or one of your coterie, I am going to have you annaly executed with a discarded one-iron.

You have been warned.

Now, get busy and photo shop the two zips out of those pictures.  

Bart Bradley

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2007, 08:21:22 PM »
Bart,

I don't want to upbraid you; it is important to bring newbie blood to our Treehouse lest we all fall prey to the high-handed bluster of congenital curmudgeons sporting Wicker Baskets on their overly-tight neckties.

However, I tend to copy the best photos on this website for my personal collection, a rotating slide-show of the world's most wondrous golf holes from Cypress Point to County Down.

My collection had two conspicuous omissions, one the Dell at my favorite golf course in Ireland.

The next time you post a photo of a great golf home defaced by your mug or one of your coterie, I am going to have you annaly executed with a discarded one-iron.

You have been warned.

WOW!! The pictures include my son and our playing partner...none of me.  Sorry, but, I took these photos before I knew of/joined this rather prickly group.  I will do my best to win your approval.

Bart

Gib_Papazian

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2007, 11:12:35 PM »
You are absolved and promoted.

Excellent work.

Bart Bradley

« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2007, 08:52:03 AM »
Bart,

You have been warned.

Hey Gib:

What is the other omission from your collection??...surely someone has a photo for you

Bart

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back