News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill Shamleffer

Bob Rosburg's favorite course
« on: October 12, 2007, 03:40:57 PM »
A few interesting comments from Bob Rosburg from PGATour.com:
http://www.pgatour.com/2007/s/10/11/rosburg/index.html

PGATOUR.com: What's your favorite golf course?

Rosburg: I've always said that if somebody made me play golf every day for the rest of my life and let me choose the course, it would be Cypress Point. It's not exceptionally hard when the weather's good but can turn really hard if the weather's bad. It's just so beautiful. I played quite a bit there when I was growing up and it had a lot to do with my life. There and The Olympic Club in San Francisco are probably the two best places I've ever played.

PGATOUR.com: Who would be in your dream foursome?

Rosburg: I loved Ben Hogan. He was a good friend and a great guy. I'd also have to say Arnold Palmer and Tiger Woods. I think that would be a good group.

PGATOUR.com: If you were PGA TOUR Commissioner for a day is there anything you'd change?

Rosburg: When I was the chairman of our Tournament Committee, I tried to put something through that no player could miss the same event more than three years in a row. I have always thought that would help the PGA TOUR immensely. I know that I couldn't get it passed because of a few players who wouldn't play in certain places. I still think it's wrong and it hurts certain tournaments. As much money as these guys make today, I don't see why they can't play once every four years at a stop they haven't played.
“The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, but that's the way to bet.”  Damon Runyon

Phil Benedict

Re:Bob Rosburg's favorite course
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2007, 03:43:30 PM »
The only problem with his dream foursome is that Hogan and Palmer hated each other, mostly because Hogan was a p...k to Palmer.

John Keenan

Re:Bob Rosburg's favorite course
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2007, 04:19:22 PM »
That is why it is a dream
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back