News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Craig Sweet

Summer
« on: July 04, 2007, 01:28:12 PM »
Well...less than 1.5" of rain in June for us here in western Montana. We can expect in a normal year less than 1" in July. So, it ain't going to get any better.

Already had many days above 90. Today, 95...tomorrow 101 and Friday 105...cooling to 95 on Saturday...

Firm and fast? How about dumping nearly 700,000 gals. of water on the course every night to keep the grass alive.

Summer is not what it use to be.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Aidan Bradley

Re:Summer
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2007, 01:41:59 PM »
June 2007 in Ireland was the wetest June in recorded history.

Mat Dunmyer

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2007, 02:00:35 PM »
Well...less than 1.5" of rain in June for us here in western Montana. We can expect in a normal year less than 1" in July. So, it ain't going to get any better.

Already had many days above 90. Today, 95...tomorrow 101 and Friday 105...cooling to 95 on Saturday...

Firm and fast? How about dumping nearly 700,000 gals. of water on the course every night to keep the grass alive.

Summer is not what it use to be.

I hear ya, Craig- our 'faucet' (rain water) in Northern California was turned off May 1st and probably won't see any of the natural stuff until sometime in October :o!!!

Mat
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 07:05:09 PM by Mat Dunmyer »

Willie_Dow

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2007, 05:06:23 PM »
I've heard that the average rainfall for the entire globe is within a fraction of a percent of what it has been for as long as this data has been collected.

Andy Levett

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2007, 05:41:39 PM »
It was the wettest June on record in England, after the most dry and warm April...
Fuel to all your fires!

Brian_Ewen

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2007, 05:59:54 PM »
N.E. Scotland's summer so far has been alternate days of heavy rain and thick fog .

I wonder if Mr Trump has noticed .

Craig Sweet

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2007, 11:42:28 PM »
Heavy rain...well...that sure would be a relief!  Updated temp for Friday 106 and breezy...that adds up to possible major fire issues....not good....unless you make your living fighting forest fires.

I wonder how grow is coming along in Deer Lodge at the RCCin all this heat???  I mowed greens yesterday at my course and I only dumped once in holes....two weeks ago 2 dumps..sometimes three per nine holes.

LOCK HIM UP!!!

Mark Pearce

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2007, 05:26:19 AM »
I've heard that the average rainfall for the entire globe is within a fraction of a percent of what it has been for as long as this data has been collected.
Well it would be, wouldn't it?  The problem is that some areas are seeing very little compared to normal whilst others (Northern Europe) are getting far more than average.  I'm sure your statistic will be of very little comfort to the 1 in 10 of the population of the city of Hull whose homes have been flooded in the last week.
In June I will be riding the first three stages of this year's Tour de France route for charity.  630km (394 miles) in three days, with 7800m (25,600 feet) of climbing for the William Wates Memorial Trust (https://rideleloop.org/the-charity/) which supports underprivileged young people.

Willie_Dow

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2007, 11:01:03 AM »
Yes, Mark:  It is unfortunate that we build certain structures on land that might be better used for golf courses.

redanman

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2007, 11:19:48 AM »
So is the sky falling or not?  

???

K. Krahenbuhl

« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2007, 11:40:23 AM »
So is the sky falling or not?  

???

the rain certainly is here in TX.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2007, 02:14:06 PM »
Wouldn't this have to be the case pretty much as the earth is a closed system (i.e. water isn't escaping to space) so the amount of rainfall on a global basis should be pretty much constant, give or take a wee bit for melting of polar/glacial ice.

Norbert P

« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2007, 04:37:25 PM »
 Last week I was watching the semi-pro team USC Trojans woopin' WSU, (sorry to bring it up Cougar fans) when the commentator (Dan Fouts?) said "This is the first time it has rained on a USC home game in September . . . ever."

"Golf is only meant to be a small part of one’s life, centering around health, relaxation and having fun with friends/family." R"C"M

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back