News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

corey miller

Re:great scorecards
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2007, 11:07:03 AM »

re:Friar's Head

Since par is a "meaningless" measure why would you put that on a scorecard instead of hole yardage?

Ally Mcintosh

« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2007, 11:10:55 AM »

re:Friar's Head

Since par is a "meaningless" measure why would you put that on a scorecard instead of hole yardage?

i certainly like the idea of no hole yardage (and no yardage markers) but i agree... get rid of the par as well... a scorecard with just hole numbers and names... sounds good

JNC Lyon

« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:06 AM »
Friar's Head doesn't have any hole names, but I agree that par would be good to get rid of as well.  I think there is no yardage because the holes change so much on daily basis, the yardage can only be ascertained by experienced caddies.
"That's why Oscar can't see that!" - Philip E. "Timmy" Thomas

astavrides

« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2007, 11:16:33 AM »
Is the fact that Scottish cards are in yards proof of the ultimate death of the metric system?

no, just proof that golfers will be the last adopters when the US goes to the metric system.  that should happen by...lets see what day is today, Thursday?...maybe 176 years from now?   ::)

astavrides

« Reply #29 on: September 20, 2007, 11:20:55 AM »
Apologies in advance if i missed it, but what is the "bogey" column where some holes have the same score as par?

you'll note that in general the longer par 4's are listed as bogey 5's.  other than that, not sure what it means.

astavrides

« Reply #30 on: September 20, 2007, 11:22:50 AM »
If your club were a public one, I'd suggest a list of local rules and diagrams of the holes above each one.  But it probably isn't.

John Keenan

« Reply #31 on: September 20, 2007, 11:25:05 AM »
JNC_Lyon

I also have a collection of score cards and have not found a good way to display them. At this point in time they are in my desk held together with rubber bands. How do you display of keep yours

My main requirement is that be easy to fold so that I can out it into my back pocket. On an artistic note I do not like score cards cluttered with ads. The example posted was classic.

Lastly do most actually write the score down or rather just the over or under to par. I go with the over or under as it makes it quite simple to add up your score at the end.  

Thanks
The things a man has heard and seen are threads of life, and if he pulls them carefully from the confused distaff of memory, any who will can weave them into whatever garments of belief please them best.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back