News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Evan_Smith

Re:Suggestions for Masters Practice Round Trip
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2007, 02:24:02 PM »
My buddy played Palmetto on his Masters trip last year.  He LOVED it!!  He said it reminded him a lot of Augusta.  From the pics he took the course looked awesome.  I think there's been a bit of discussion on here about how good Palmetto is.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 02:42:01 PM by Evan_Smith »

Tim Gavrich

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2007, 02:38:09 PM »
Make that another endorsement for Palmetto.  The course at Mount Vintage (also in Aiken) is interesting as well.  I've also heard nice things about Aiken Golf Club.

Sean Arble--

That's great to hear about your experience with the folks at Palmetto.  My dad and I played it two Junes ago, and from the moment we arrived (early; before anyone else got to the course for the day), everyone was really nice.  Imagine how they treat the members, knowing how nicely they treat the guests!
Senior Writer, GolfPass

A.G._Crockett

« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2007, 03:10:13 PM »
good thought AG....Cateechee is a great choice....you can even stay up in the clubhouse...they have golf packages, a stay and play type of deal

Hartwell to Madison is not highway too, so probably not too bad with traffic.

I have to get up to Cateechee soon....I love that place....staff almost fainted when I said I wanted to walk last time out there....

If you walked, my hat is off to you.  I didn't even know they allowed it, and there are some SERIOUS hills between greens and the next tee.  Great layout, though.

Have you been to Arrowhead Pt.?  If not, you need to combo that with your next trip to Cateechee.  It'll blow you away; the back nine is as good or better than anything at Lake Oconee.
"Golf...is usually played with the outward appearance of great dignity.  It is, nevertheless, a game of considerable passion, either of the explosive type, or that which burns inwardly and sears the soul."      Bobby Jones

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back