News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Steve Kline

Re:Fed Ex Cup..New Qualifier
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2007, 08:31:48 PM »
Well done, Tom.  Is that a Yale Bulldog on your shirt?

Not to steal any thunder, are there other current club champions among our 1500?

I've won consecutive club championships at my home course - Ivy Hills CC. This year I came back from 5 strokes down going into the last nine to win by one. Counting the previous course I was a member at I've won four in a row.

Andy Troeger

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2007, 10:07:57 PM »
Tom,
Congrats! I'm not going to forgive your anti-ND sentiment any time soon, but still looking forward to some golf in November!

My first trophy was the 3 hole junior club championship when I was 7 years old...still have the trophy :-)  Won it 6 more times, but then I grew up and ran into real competition. Winning the real thing is impressive!

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2007, 09:55:14 AM »
Steve - if we ever play you're giving me several shots.  Well done!

Andy - the anti-ND sentiment is bred into me, can't be helped.  It is also rather logical though.   ;)  As for my win here, thanks... but don't be too impressed... we have literally zero scratches that play tournaments.  This was a group of 2-6 handicaps in champ flight.  Still a win is a win....  ;D
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 09:55:26 AM by Tom Huckaby »

JSlonis

« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2007, 10:28:25 AM »
Congrats Tom!  Very impressive golf and logo management. ;D

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2007, 10:43:23 AM »
Congrats Tom!  Very impressive golf and logo management. ;D

Thanks, Jamie.  The golf achievement was truly small potatoes but I am pleased you noticed the logo management.

;D ;D ;D

Joe Perches

« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2007, 08:42:54 PM »
After coming in as the last qualifier in the STMGC too.
http://www.stmgc.com/Tournaments/2007/08.11.scorecards.htm
Then 2&1, 6&5, 2&1.
Clearly a pressure player.

Congratulations Thomas.

What's your record in the KP matches again?

ed_getka

« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2007, 02:23:17 AM »
Tom,
    Congrats on the victory. Yale is one of my favorite logos so you did good there, and Sand Hills is our favorite course, so maybe I should find a club to belong to. :)
    We'll have to find someplace to celebrate your championship after the golf next month. Well done my friend.
     So when do you starting gearing up for your title defense? Don't go and pull a Curtis Strange and burn out the circuitry. ;)

"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

James Bennett

« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2007, 08:04:45 AM »
Tom

Well done.

Does NorthCal have a "Champion of Champions" event? Do you get any automatic invites to notable events?

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2007, 10:35:15 AM »
Thanks, guys.  ;D

Joe - I can't recall any losses at KP.  But Michael Whitaker kicked my butt straight up at the first Dixie Cup.  But yes, it was rather fun being the 8 seed and taking down all the favorites.

Ed - title defense entails playing in a minimum of three club events in the next 11 months - last time I won, I failed to do that so I wasn't even allowed to try!  So my goal this time is to not get injured and find away around soccer/baseball/baby duties to get the three events in.  After that it's all gravy.

James - in fact they do have such a thing, it's in October at a club in Modesto.  Sadly I told them I can't make it... too many days off of work for golf already planned!  I think that's the only invite I get, although there are a couple other things where the pro and club champ play... heck odds are even if those invites come I won't be able to do them either.  Such is life.  

TH

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back