News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Tom's "Reviews" found here

I didn't know Tom did IT. Doesn't seem he crunched any numbers to come up with these reviews.  ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Adam Clayman

It's a Dick Wilson design, working in the Robert Trent Jones, 1960s tradition.

Is this too much code for people to "get"?

You really have to applaud Tom's honesty. His comment on Gil is brutally honest and should actually help Gil. No?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

ANTHONYPIOPPI

For those who have not seen the quote it reads:

"I've never been there, and I'm not in a good place to judge it. It's an Arnold Palmer course, and his stuff is all over the map. Gil Hanse, who used to work for me, did the renovation work there. It's a weird relationship - I admire what he's doing, but I'm not going to be his biggest booster: I have to compete with him."

I'm going to steal part of  that quote when I review the next book of Brad Klein or Geoff Shackelford.

"I admire what he's doing, but I'm not going to be his biggest booster: I have to compete against him."

« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 04:38:32 PM by Anthony Pioppi »

Glenn Spencer

How about the yardage out at East Lake?? 3,624 going out and 3,602 coming in for a grand total of 7,154????

Garland Bayley

It's a Dick Wilson design, working in the Robert Trent Jones, 1960s tradition.

Is this too much code for people to "get"?

Most people will think it is in favor of the course, because to most people RTJ is a big name, and associating Dick Wilson with him must be good.

Now you tell me, do they get it?  ;D
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tim Gavrich

How about the yardage out at East Lake?? 3,624 going out and 3,602 coming in for a grand total of 7,154????

Phew!  I'm glad I wasn't the only one to notice that little mathematical discrepancy...
Senior Writer, GolfPass

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back