News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kalen Braley

TalonsCove Golf Course (with pics)
« on: July 13, 2007, 02:11:23 PM »
As promised, I wanted to profile a few of the offerings in Northern Utah to give people an idea what the area has to offer.  

TalonsCove Golf Club is found in Saratoga Springs about a 1/2 hour south of Salt Lake City.  It was the site of the 2005 & 2006 Utah Open and designed by Gene Bates as a "linkish" style course with faux dunes on land that was orginally mostly flat. http://www.talonscove.com/Default.aspx

The front 9 includes 3-par 3s, 3- par 4s, and 3-par 5s, while the back 9 features the standard 2,5,2 layout. As a whole the course mploys many spectacular views across Utah Lake including Mount Timpanogos and the Wasatch Front. While the bunkering is abundant course wide, for the most part its fairly templatized and flat.  Homes have encroached on many holes in the last year or two, but there are still many holes, mostly on the back 9, with unclutterd views.

IMO, the course is a good value as its only $30 to play and was very accessible to get on.  The day I played, there were some small micro bursts moving thru the area which kicked up a bunch of dust. So if the pictures look a little faded/fuzzy it was due to all the dust in the air. As always I did my best with the photos, but yet am a budding novice with the camera. Enjoy!!

Hole 1 - Par 5
Tee Shot

Green Side

Hole 2 - Par 4
Bite off as much as you can chew with the drive!

Hole 3 - Par 4
Short par 4 with a dry creek running in front of the green.

Shot into the green

Hole 4 - Par 3

Hole 5 - Par 4

Hole 6 - Par 3
Long par 3 with a bit of a skyline view

Greenside pics that shows some of the undulation in the greens.

Hole 7 - Par 5
Tee shot with faux dunes framing the far side of the fairway

Crossbunker to negotiate on 2nd shot

Greenside

Hole 8 - Par 3

Hole 9 - Par 5

Kind of hard to see, but if you look close number 9 and 18 is a dual/shared green.

Back 9 to follow...

Kalen Braley

Re:TalonsCove Golf Course (with pics)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:20:02 PM »
Hole 10 - Par 4
This was a beautiful hole with a creek intersecting the fairway but too far for me to reach..

Looking back up the fairway

Hole 11 - Par 4

Hole 12 - Par 4
Tee shot

Approach to a skyline green

Hole 13 - Par 5
Short par 5 that plays downhill and was downwind on this day.  I hit 3 wood, 5 iron and was over the green in 2.

Approach shot in:

Hole 14 - Par 3
A pretty little short par 3.  I missed a 15 footer for bird  :(

Greenside:

Hole 15 - Par 5
This hole played into the teeth of huge microburst.  Needless to say I had a big number on this hole.

Looking back down the fairway

Hole 16 - Par 4
Short drive-able par 4.

Hole 17 - Par 3
This plays right along the lake.  Too bad about all the houses

Looking back towards the tee

Hole 18 - Par 4
Tough finisher uphill, par is a good score

Greenside:

Here is a bonus pic of the faux dunes looking across the 8th, 7th and 1st hol.e

Bruce Katona

Re:TalonsCove Golf Course (with pics)
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 04:43:14 PM »
This really looks like a fun course to play....shouldn't lose too many golf balls....

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back