News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

JESII

Re:What would Bob Jones be MOST pleased about and MOST displeased about?
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »
Mark,

I understand your concern, but look at this gambling notion through the eyes of Tigers round...took a gamble on #13 (admittedly, due to breaking the ideal club on #11) and it paid off. Then he took a bigger gamble on #15 and it bit him. I seriously doubt he would have hit that ball in the water on #15 if he were 1 or 2 back, but being 3 back all the pressure was on him and he didn't pull it off. When birdie is good enough, he hits over the middle of left side of the green or just lays up for a pitch...

I think Zach forced Tiger's hand and so the best way to view the value of those holes now is probably by how they impacted Tiger. IMO.

John_Cullum

Re:What would Bob Jones be MOST pleased about and MOST displeased about?
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2007, 10:44:36 AM »
I must be the only one that heard the post round interview with his caddy. He said that during practice rounds, the course was playing soft and his drives were not getting out where going in 2 was going to be a reliable play, so they practiced from layup areas to specific hole locations, and that is what they were prepared for. When Thursday came around the course had firmed up and the drives were getting out there, but they were not prepared for that and they stuck with their predetermined strategy.
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back