News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Rich Goodale

Re:The Fundamental ANGC Question
« Reply #25 on: April 08, 2007, 11:58:34 AM »
Nicklaus could do it again, assuming new technology, because:

1.  He could always drive the ball long and straight
2.  He was always a great fast green putter
3.  He had a great golfing brain

Tiger has all but the "straight" bit, which he probably never will, but he does have the great recovery game that Jack never had.

Should be fun today!

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2007, 12:56:16 PM »
But where does it say "the patrons" need birdies and eagles to appreciate the golf tournament? If the Masters crowds are as knowledgeable as everyone claims they are, they should be enjoying the hell out of this year's Masters.

I feel sorry for them if they didn't pack warm jackets and long pants, but otherwise, they're getting a great show.

Well, Rick, the last time I was there (Sunday, 2004) I saw Choi eagle 11 from 220 and Mickelson birdie 12 to get his charge going.

Then I walked over to 16 where I saw Harrington ace it.  And right after that I saw Triplett get his.

I walked back to my seat on 18.  I happened to be right on Mickelson's line, and had an excellent view of his winning putt.

Which show would you prefer?

Mark, I'm under the impression that aces and eagles from 220 yards are more or less functions of luck -- good shots, obviously, but lucky, too.

You were lucky.
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

Adam Clayman

« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2007, 01:17:13 PM »
One of the fundamental q's is...

Are those staunch defenders of the changes and subsequent results CYA'ing their chance to gain access?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Rick Shefchik

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2007, 01:20:03 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Not me, Adam. I took care of the access question when I wrote "Amen Corner."
"Golf is 20 percent mechanics and technique. The other 80 percent is philosophy, humor, tragedy, romance, melodrama, companionship, camaraderie, cussedness and conversation." - Grantland Rice

tlavin

« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2007, 02:22:26 PM »
But where does it say "the patrons" need birdies and eagles to appreciate the golf tournament? If the Masters crowds are as knowledgeable as everyone claims they are, they should be enjoying the hell out of this year's Masters.

I feel sorry for them if they didn't pack warm jackets and long pants, but otherwise, they're getting a great show.

Well, Rick, the last time I was there (Sunday, 2004) I saw Choi eagle 11 from 220 and Mickelson birdie 12 to get his charge going.

Then I walked over to 16 where I saw Harrington ace it.  And right after that I saw Triplett get his.

I walked back to my seat on 18.  I happened to be right on Mickelson's line, and had an excellent view of his winning putt.

Which show would you prefer?

Wow, some real legends there!  Kirk Triplett and KJ Choi.  Oh boy do I wish we could still regale each other with tales of their brilliance.  Thats what happens when you have Suzy Cream Cheese set up the final day of a major championship.  You get Kirk Bloody Triplett and Lenny Mattiace and eight other Guys Named Moe sidling up next to a green jacket, or at least within sniffing distance.

I'll take a tough set up over the patty-cake setup every day.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back