News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Marty Bonnar

California/Hollywood?: Marion Hollins vs. Billy Madison
« on: March 25, 2007, 07:35:23 PM »
How can it be that the Country/State which gave us the fine Ms Hollins and her excellent choices and decisions of golf architectural merit, could also foist upon the western world such unutterable drivel?

The United States. I love them. But, like the worst problem child, sometimes I could just spank them for their insolence.

luv,
FBD.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:36:10 PM by Martin Glynn Bonnar, 46, 36" »
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Steve Lang

Re:California/Hollywood?: Marion Hollins vs. Billy Madison
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2007, 07:50:20 PM »
 8)

we certainly don't have the corner on drivel... just like the UK doesn't have it on drool cups.. hmmm. i may be mistaken on that... :o :D ;D >:( :( :o 8) ??? ::) :P :-[ :-X :-\ :-* :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:50:40 PM by Steve Lang »
Inverness (Toledo, OH) cathedral clock inscription: "God measures men by what they are. Not what they in wealth possess.  That vibrant message chimes afar.
The voice of Inverness"

Bob_Huntley

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2007, 08:06:06 PM »
Martin,

Please, whatever you do, do not compare American TV crap with British crap. You are down and out after the tenth hole.

Bob

Michael Moore

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2007, 09:47:50 PM »
Martin -

California is a large and diverse state, and the United States is a large and diverse country. Much drivel and many excellent things are produced here every day. The same might be said of anywhere on earth. You see, humans have both high and low impulses. Keep up the great topics.

"Television is the way it is simply because people tend to be extremely similar in their vulgar and prurient and dumb interests and wildly different in their refined and aesthetic and noble interests." - David Foster Wallace
Metaphor is social and shares the table with the objects it intertwines and the attitudes it reconciles. Opinion, like the Michelin inspector, dines alone. - Adam Gopnik, The Table Comes First

TEPaul

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2007, 10:06:18 PM »
Martin:

There may be a subject to discuss there somewhere but I don't think there is in the way you couched it in the opening post.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 01:22:19 AM »
Wasn't Marion Hollins one of Pat Mucci's flames?
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Jeff_Brauer

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 09:59:38 AM »
Martin,

On this side of the pond, we wonder how Britain can give us both "the stiff upper lip," tea and crumets, etc. and endless Dianna coverage, not to mention Benny Hill. ???

Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

PThomas

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 10:22:37 AM »
Martin,

Please, whatever you do, do not compare American TV crap with British crap. You are down and out after the tenth hole.

Bob

now that is a frightening thought! :o :o
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 11:59:36 AM »
I've heard of people categorizing Californians before, but never did I expect to be lumped with Adam Sandler or Marion Hollins. Ever.

I am very compelled to make an attempt at broadening your view of my home state, Mr. Bonnar. But alas, I am far too busy freeing O.J., partying with Paris Hilton, running on the beach with my bosoms heaving in slow motion and protesting the local coffee shop's refusal to serve organic, fair trade, soy substitute coffee extract to waste my time huddled here in my recycled hemp hut defending my people.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Marty Bonnar

« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2007, 12:58:00 PM »
Gentlemen,
coming from the land which proudly gave the world haggis, bagpipes, deep-fried mars bars, Sheena Easton (really sorry about that one!) and men in skirts, I am in no position to disparage the great state of California.

What I was endeavouring - badly, apparently - to explore, was the fascinatingly dichotomous nature of your fine Country.

I am ever grateful for your gift of NASA, Frank Sinatra, Walt Disney, the Gershwins, Andy Warhol, Frank Lloyd Wright, Rock'n'Roll, Steely Dan, Pamela Anderson and Tennessee Williams.

The blokes, however, who sat round a table and thought that Adam Sandler acting like an eedjit for an hour and a half would be grand entertainment should be neutered with a rusty bunker rake.

more luv,
FBD.
The White River runs dark through the heart of the Town,
Washed the people coal-black from the hole in the ground.

Jon Spaulding

« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2007, 01:30:00 PM »
"so hot, want to touch the hiney"....is this not considered a gift?
You'd make a fine little helper. What's your name?

Brad Tufts

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2007, 01:36:25 PM »
Not even a hour and a half, I think that flick checks in at 83 minutes.

C'mon, you can complain about Ms. Vernoica Vaughn Sampras and nudie magazine day....

He even switches over from a 9-iron to a pitching wedge during his V.V. fantasy involving ice cubes and a buffalo (live or stuffed, preferably stuffed)....
So I jump ship in Hong Kong....

Kyle Henderson

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2007, 03:49:47 PM »
Gentlemen,
coming from the land which proudly gave the world haggis, bagpipes, deep-fried mars bars, Sheena Easton (really sorry about that one!) and men in skirts, I am in no position to disparage the great state of California.

What I was endeavouring - badly, apparently - to explore, was the fascinatingly dichotomous nature of your fine Country.

I am ever grateful for your gift of NASA, Frank Sinatra, Walt Disney, the Gershwins, Andy Warhol, Frank Lloyd Wright, Rock'n'Roll, Steely Dan, Pamela Anderson and Tennessee Williams.

The blokes, however, who sat round a table and thought that Adam Sandler acting like an eedjit for an hour and a half would be grand entertainment should be neutered with a rusty bunker rake.

more luv,
FBD.

There is a fascinating dichotomy. I understood your intent. It's just that there are a lot more absurdities to be found in California. I'm trying to make sure that all creeds of buffoonery practitioners are acknowledged.
"I always knew terrorists hated us for our freedom. Now they love us for our bondage." -- Stephen T. Colbert discusses the popularity of '50 Shades of Grey' at Gitmo

Mike Phelan

« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 05:44:51 PM »
Wasn't Marion Hollins one of Pat Mucci's flames?

;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back