News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tiger_Bernhardt

Cutting a Straight/level Cup, Kyle Harris hero
« on: March 18, 2007, 10:08:11 PM »
I had the pleasure of playing golf with Kyle Harris yesterday at Mountain Lake. He sets up the pin locations and puts in the cups each morning. He did an extrodinary job today for I made a hole in one on the #5 Biarritz hole with a middle back pin placement playing 200 yards. The ball flew in the hole on the fly and not a bit of dirt was disturbed. Great work Kyle.  It shows my bias for the SEC against the Big Ten might not include certain aspects of golf course maintenance.

Will E

Re:Cutting a Straight/level Cup, Kyle Harris hero
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 10:27:08 PM »
Well done Tiger, and what a hole to make an ace on!

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 10:41:54 PM »
Congrats, not only on the hole in one, and not only to have one on such a great hole, but to have it in the company of good people is the icing on the cake.

Wow, I only wish I could have been there with you!  

Kyle were did you end up for the post round drinks?  Please tell me it wasnt Hurricanes or I might really be pushed over the edge into a fit of depression that I wasnt there with you.
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 10:54:45 PM »
Congrats on the feat!
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike Benham

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 10:55:12 PM »
Hmmm ... not a bit of dirt was disturbed?  Are you sure the ball flew into the cup or might a "replacement" ball been placed in the cup thereby fooling one to believe a hole in one was made?

Nah, those Nittany Lions guys would never do something like that ... congratulations on a fabulous feat ...
"... and I liked the guy ..."

Mike Policano

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 08:41:51 AM »
Tiger, good job giving Kyle credit for putting the cup where your ball went!  Congrats.

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:42:01 AM »
Mike I was amazed he understood my game so well after watching a few range balls and one round of golf. I almost had eagles on 10 and 12 as well. The young man has a bright future.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 09:43:31 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

John_Cullum

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:55:07 AM »
Damn! And I had to miss it. Of course, if I had been there my bad hole in one karma would have kicked it out of the hole. Good job JB
"We finally beat Medicare. "

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 10:12:37 AM »
John,

I spoke to Kyle beforehand, having played with you a few times prior, and I instructed him as to the exact coordinates of where to locate the hole based on the detailed knowledge I have of your game.  

Glad to hear that two of my favorite people got together.

Congratulations, but I do expect due props the next time I see you.

;)  ;D

Mike

Billsteele

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 10:37:29 AM »
Tiger, good going. As I found out at the BCS Championship game, sometimes we in the Big 10 are all too glad to give you SEC folks a hand.

Steve_ Shaffer

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 10:46:09 AM »
Kyle is an expert at setting hole locations. ;D
"Some of us worship in churches, some in synagogues, some on golf courses ... "  Adlai Stevenson
Hyman Roth to Michael Corleone: "We're bigger than US Steel."
Ben Hogan “The most important shot in golf is the next one”

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
Mike I am not surprised to find it took a team effort to secure an ace for me. Thanks for your input. Bill, I forgot just how hard it is to be a Buck when the SEC is involved. lol Actually I will be a huge Buck fan this weekend in San Antonio under I am for anybody but Texas A$M.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 11:20:37 AM »
So that's been my problem all these years - I've never played a course with holes cut by Kyle Harris....

OK, I shall have to rectify that.

In the meantime, STUD effort, JB!  

TH

John Kavanaugh

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 11:24:36 AM »
Who flies the ball to a back shelf of a Biarritz?  Either the maintenance meld is off or JB doesn't get the architecture.  Which is it?

JESII

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 11:38:08 AM »
Kyle is an expert at setting hole locations. ;D

beat me to it...

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 11:50:48 AM »
John, You figured out the wisdom of Kyles work. They had a hard rain the day before and one more the night before that. The greens are soft enough to fly the ball to the rear deck and stay on.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 11:52:15 AM by Tiger_Bernhardt »

peter_p

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 12:16:45 PM »
John,
Just alerting you that you inadvertantly started a new topic rather than replying to the thread on dreams  :) Congrats to you and Kyle. Who gets listed on which lines on the birth certificate of baby eagle bernhardt?  ;)

Kyle Harris

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
Well then, glad I could be of assistance.

There's a story behind why I put the flag there. After John and I had played, I went to the range to hit a few more balls and ended up practicing a few holes, the 5th among them. I attempted to carry the back tier for the first time, but my ball landed in the swale and ended up...

...right where I put the hole the next day.

;D

They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

JESII,

;)

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 04:31:09 PM »
Kyle that is too funny. I hope the greens are firm enough on the next pass to need to hit a low runner to the back placement.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 05:11:46 PM »
Glad to hear you joined the "Ace" club, JB.  And what a great place and hole to do it!  What did the drinks after cost?

Your pal,

"Ace" McBride

;D 8)

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2007, 05:40:58 PM »
Bill, It is good to make another hole in one. It is my 4th. I have made them all at home clubs. One at BDCC, my childhood club, Two at Oakbourne CC and now one at ML. It was good to get an assist from Kyle. lol

SL_Solow

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2007, 05:45:18 PM »
we in the north await the opportunity to see you try and make your 5th in our area.  Congrats.

Bill_McBride

« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2007, 05:53:38 PM »
Bill, It is good to make another hole in one. It is my 4th. I have made them all at home clubs. One at BDCC, my childhood club, Two at Oakbourne CC and now one at ML. It was good to get an assist from Kyle. lol

JB, I was referring to the GCA Ace Club - you have to be playing in a GCA event or at least with several GCAers to gain admission.  I know Brent Hutto had one at the Dixie Cup at Tobacco Road - mine was at the Kings Putter 2005 - have there been others before yours?  Congratulations!  8)

Kyle Harris

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2007, 05:54:39 PM »
For the record, John and I played the day BEFORE his ace. I just did the course setup that morning (and the previous two).

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2007, 08:20:40 PM »
Yet another GCA myth, just like Jordan Wall.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back