News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony_Nysse

Re:Would you rather have a $125000 supt with a $600000 budget
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2007, 12:24:48 PM »
Chris-
  That was worth waking up for! ;)

Tony Nysse
Sr. Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI< SC
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Mike_Young

« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2007, 05:23:50 PM »
Mike,

As an owner I want the best possible super I can afford.  He is in charge of (far and away) the most important asset I own and while I certainly do not want to throw away money, I believe in the long run it's "cheaper" to hire quality people at a higher wage than try and find someone willing to work for a lot less money.

BTW, in Atlanta among private clubs, there is no way you could find a qualified super for $45,000.  Maybe 60-65k.  At least where I am, if a supe came and was willing to work for 45, I'd be wary.
Chris,
I agree as to ATL wages but there are plent of adequate supts working throughout South Ga in that range.....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Chris Cupit

« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2007, 05:35:31 PM »
Mike,

As an owner I want the best possible super I can afford.  He is in charge of (far and away) the most important asset I own and while I certainly do not want to throw away money, I believe in the long run it's "cheaper" to hire quality people at a higher wage than try and find someone willing to work for a lot less money.

BTW, in Atlanta among private clubs, there is no way you could find a qualified super for $45,000.  Maybe 60-65k.  At least where I am, if a supe came and was willing to work for 45, I'd be wary.
Chris,
I agree as to ATL wages but there are plent of adequate supts working throughout South Ga in that range.....

If they could put up with the traffic and all the damn yankees that moved here, they should look into re-locating :D

Mike_Young

« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2007, 05:40:07 PM »
I think you hit the nail....I think many of these guys are satsfied....
"just standing on a corner in Winslow Arizona"

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back