News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Copeland

Re:Contributions....
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:35 PM »
So far, I have hosted every GCA guy who has asked to play one of my clubs.

In the future, I will limit it to those who contribute to GCA. My new simple rule.

Are you a member of Merion?? ;)
I need a nickname so I can tell all that I know.....

John_Conley

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 02:09:51 PM »

In the future, I will limit it to those who contribute to GCA. My new simple rule.

Cary, this policy is a lot better than getting on a spray tech that isn't as solvent as many that post here.  I suggest you go with this policy.

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 02:20:10 PM »
Cary,

Mr Moore looked far and near for a Par 68 in the great State of Maine, but no luck. I will accept the fact that he does in the fact love the Par 69 Cape Arundle more than the new Par 72 Sunday River Golf Club by Robert Trent Jones, Jr. Yet another reason why the Old Dead Guys are loved on GCA!!  ;)

Cary, I will request that it not become a rule. Clearly GCA does not have an auditor and mistakes do happen. My suggestion is to leave it as good karma for people who do good things.

An example of good karma was when  Mr Moore wrote that check last winter, the following spring he suddenly found himself on Baltimore CC, Beechtree, Rolling Green, Merion, Gulph Mills and Yale! If he convinces himself that Par 72 Sunday River is the best course in Maine, could Augusta be next for Mr Moore!

The new system is working, and my friend Kevin Reilly's pay pal has arrived. If Ran does not receive a check next week from me on behalf of Kevin, I will expect my login to be gone!

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2006, 02:49:36 PM »
I counted the names that have contributed, 102.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

JSlonis

« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2006, 03:44:04 PM »
I counted the names that have contributed, 102.

Cary,

Not everyone that has contributed is listed all of the time, so that list isn't quite complete. Is it still smaller than it should be?  No question...
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 03:44:38 PM by JSlonis »

Kyle Harris

« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »
SPBD,

Impersonal you meaning second person without a specific subject in mind.

For example: "When you play the redan, you aim right and use the slope to work the ball to the hole."

That being said, I make sure to watch the contributions update themselves throughout the year. Every month seems to have at least 5 red names listed, which I am guessing nets around $250-$300 per month. I believe that is more than enough to keep this site afloat. That's not to say that I believe we all should piggy back onto the backs of others, but what could a surplus of cash do for the site outside of ensure a few extra months? I know Ran doesn't seek to profit from the contributions.

I've determined that this site is valuable enough for me to contribute if asked by Ran or if I notice that the red names start to dwindle. I don't mean to play the poverty card, but a monetary contribution to GCA right now is pretty low on the priority list for me.

As for content, I feel I can and should start contributing more. I did not mean to hold my own contributions as any sort of standard or as a bloody flag, but there are posters on here who contribute nothing financially but contribute near invaluable content in the DG and through other articles and course reviews.

By the way, I felt no ill will toward you're questioning of me. One of the great aspects of this group is its ability to self-police and I am certainly not above that.

My favorite course is actually Par 70 - Huntingdon Valley's A and B Nines.

Mike,

I've had similar experiences with Boy Scout activities of which I am still a part. People can go further than money a lot of times, simply because you can only spend money on certain things but there's always a want of manpower.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 04:05:18 PM by Kyle Harris »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back