News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

mike_malone

"All done by Mother Nature"
« on: October 06, 2006, 11:54:17 AM »
  Those Euro tour announcers sound so intelligent with their accents. One (Warren Humphreys, I believe) just described the "valley of sin" and ended with the all natural statement.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2006, 12:06:53 PM by mayday_malone »
AKA Mayday

Adam Clayman

Re: "All done by Mother Nature"
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2006, 12:57:59 PM »
Proving once again how opening ones mouth and inserting foot, is not uncommon among the commoners.

Old Tom built that green, didn't he?
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2006, 01:53:52 PM »
 Adam,

All that I have heard is that the valley was constructed.
AKA Mayday

Marc Haring

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2006, 01:58:37 PM »
100 years of top dressing might of helped as well. A couple of mm's a year?

plabatt

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2006, 05:09:24 PM »
Legend has it that Old Tom Morris covered the town dump, some insist that it was a burial ground-I know that Doug Sanders was buried there, with sand from the beach.  Old Tom left the Valley of Sin as he built up the green.  There was also some bunkers that separated the first and eighteenth fairways.  These were filled in around the Great War.

Peter

James Bennett

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2006, 05:21:37 PM »
Old Tom left the Valley of Sin as he built up the green.  There was also some bunkers that separated the first and eighteenth fairways.  These were filled in around the Great War.

Peter

I think Shivas might respond soon (IIRC, it was Shivas musing about bunkers on #18 following the 2005  Open).

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back