News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Coral_Ridge

Tavistock Country Club designed by Alexander Findlay
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:17:11 PM »
Some good thoughts about the course on Golf Web.   Anyone here have thoughts on the course and Golden Age architect?

I was on Google Earth looking at the Pine Valley area just to see how it works with golf course aerials and thought about what kind of golf surrounds that great course in southern New Jersey.  Obviously, any golf course is overshadowed by PV.

Tavistock Country Club

JSlonis

Re:Tavistock Country Club designed by Alexander Findlay
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:45:57 PM »
Jon,

Can you post the link or web address for the article on Golf Web?

Here are a couple of links to the threads I have posted regarding our restoration.

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=24922;start=msg461647#msg461647

http://www.golfclubatlas.com/forums2/index.php?board=1;action=display;threadid=25433;start=msg472180#msg472180

I was out at Tavistock this morning for one of our meetings and the golf course is really coming along nicely.  I will be taking some photos later today and will post the updates here on GCA.  The bunker work that Jim Nagle has done along with the work of Frontier Construction and thier expert "shaper" has been nothing short of outstanding.  The Findlay look has definitely been brought back.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2006, 01:49:13 PM by JSlonis »

Coral_Ridge

Re:Tavistock Country Club designed by Alexander Findlay
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 04:53:38 PM »

Golfweb link to Tavistock Country Club

Just go to "read reviews" and click.  Granted these two reviewers might just be weekend golfers, but they complement the golf course very much.

Interesting comment made about Alexander Findlay.  The book "The Golf Course" by Cornish states under Findlay's profile that, and I quote, "It has been claimed that Findlay laid out more than 500 courses in the United States, Mexico, and Canada, many of them constructed by his sons, Norman, Ronald and Richard."

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back