News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Matt_Ward

Re:The Failure of Bermuda / re: Architectural Elements
« Reply #100 on: October 09, 2006, 01:32:31 PM »
Cabell Ackerly:

Thanks for reopening a subject that I thought was closed.

I played Ocean View after being in the area of Virginia Beach as I mentioned previously. There was no back story -- the reality is that you posed a question and quickly ridiculed me and then you were disproved.

End of story.

The simple fact is that you asked for an answer -- it was provided -- and you could have simply let it go at that.

Clearly, there's a bit of sour grapes here and I can only assume you would, as a gentleman, see the end of this and move on.

I guess not ...

ChasLawler

Re:The Failure of Bermuda / re: Architectural Elements
« Reply #101 on: October 09, 2006, 01:43:21 PM »
Matt – Let’s assume you didn’t lie.

You made the following statement about golf in Virginia.

I am traveling through the Commonwealth of Virginia and have to say that the usage of bermuda -- both fairways and greens during summer months is absolute torture for both a playing standpoint and from an architectural exericse.

The only course you have offered up as representative of these conditions is Ocean View Golf Course. Is that fair?

You mentioned that you played “places” in Virginia with Bermuda greens

For your own edification -- the places I played in the Commonwealth of Virginia did have bermuda greens.

Let’s hear about those other places...since you clearly couldn’t have made your original statement based only on the conditions at Ocean View.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back