News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Blasberg

Taking and Posting Photos
« on: September 04, 2006, 08:48:56 AM »
OK, so Laura and I are trying to figure out something to do today so it's been decided that we will tour Engineers by cart and I'm going to go photo happy with my new fangled sleek digital camera.

In an effort to capture the best images possible what is the best time of day to take course photos?  If it's before 9:00 a.m. I'm out of luck.  Is it preferable to have the sun at your back, directly overhead?  (Obviously, I was too busy playing sports and chasing girls in high school to participate in the AV club.)

I also need a lesson, yet again, on how to post them (paging Dr. R-Man, you have a patient in waiting room #1).  IM instructions on how to post would be much appreciated and perhaps I can capture some cool shots of 2 or 20.  

Eric Franzen

Re:Taking and Posting Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 10:05:36 AM »
About posting photos:

Register an account at www.flickr.com.
Follow their instructions for uploading pictures.

Click on the uploaded photo so that it is displayed on an individual web page.
Right click on the picture you wish to display and choose Properties.
Copy the address/URL including the extension .jpg.
Paste the adress on this board between the tags [ img ] [ /img ] - but with the spaces before an after img and /img removed.
Repeat the last two steps for each individual picture that you want to post here.

About taking photos. Well, early morning or late evening when the sun is a bit lover usually works best.  Anyway, I'll better stop here and leave over to the professional snappers who frequent the board.

George Pazin

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 10:10:10 AM »
Hope this helps:

Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Ryan Farrow

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 01:39:30 PM »
You get some great shadows before 9 or about 2 hours before sunset. I also got some amazing shots in mid day when there are some nice puffy cumulous clouds.

Mike Erdmann

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:57:41 PM »
Jason, generally speaking the worst time of day to take photos is midday when the sun is overhead.  The hour or so after sunrise or before sunset is when you get the so-called "golden hour" when you'll get alot of dramatic light and warmth in your photos.  If you have a nice digital camera, don't use the Auto White Balance setting - it'll eliminate the effect of the golden hour lighting.  Experiment with custom white balance settings to capture the mood of the golden hour.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back