News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Richard_Mandell

Need a Publisher
« on: August 08, 2006, 06:45:49 AM »
As most of you GCAers know, I have been working on a book describing the Greatest Story Ever Told.  I'm sorry, I mean the Greatest Golf Development Story Ever Told.  I am glad to say that after three years, I have finished a 335 page manuscript about the history of golf course architecture in the Pinehurst area.

The working title is:

The Home of American Golf:  The Evloution of a History.  

I am now actively pursuing a publisher for the book.  If there are any publishers out there interested, please let me know.  If anyone knows anyone in those circles, maybe you can pass my information along.  I hope to have it on the shelves in time for the US Womens Open at Pine Needles next summer.

Richard Mandell
RIchard Mandell Golf Architecture
rmga@carolina.net
910-255-3111

Thanks

wsmorrison

Re:Need a Publisher
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 07:22:56 AM »
Richard,

Have you contacted Skip DeWall at Ann Arbor Media Group?  He is in their Sports Media Group and publishes books on golf and golf architecture among other subjects.  Our Flynn book is being published by them and they've been a joy to work with.  IM me if you want contact information.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 07:23:32 AM by Wayne Morrison »

Richard_Mandell

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 10:22:53 PM »
I have spoken to Skip over the past few years and he has shown a mild interest.  I think he is cold on Pinehurst because of poor sales of The Spirit of Pinehurst and another recent book on the subject.  Thanks.

Mike Nuzzo

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 11:07:22 PM »
Congratulations on finishing.

Tell me a little about writing for you please.
Is it as you expected?
Any ground breaking teasers you can share?
How did it come out?

cheers
Thinking of Bob, Rihc, Bill, George, Neil, Dr. Childs, & Tiger.

Dunlop_White

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2006, 11:14:06 PM »
Richard,

Perhaps Paul Daley at Full Swing Publishing may be interested. Also, you may want to contact Jeff Mingay or Chris Clouser, both of whom have been looking in these circles over the past few years. Also, Lee Pace, in your own backyard,  could give you some advice.

Good luck,

Dunlop

Pat Jones

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 07:26:08 AM »
Richard:

Talk to Geoff Shackelford.  He's been through all of this and knows the publishing players well.

PJ

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back