News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jeff_Brauer

Golf Course Factoid
« on: July 19, 2006, 09:40:55 PM »
I was reading an article about McDonald's the other day, about how its canceling its spicy chicken breast sandwhich.  I never ordered one, so apparently I know why.

The interesting quote from the article was that there are 13,700 McDonald's in the US. It stuns me because there are about 17,000 golf courses in the US and its hard to believe there are more courses than golden arches!

Worse yet, I can visualize that as the perfect sound bite for anti golf forces, as in 'We don't need a new golf course here, for crying out loud.  There are already more golf courses than McDonalds, and 100% of us eat, but only 10% play golf......"
Jeff Brauer, ASGCA Director of Outreach

John_Conley

Re:Golf Course Factoid
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 09:46:43 PM »
I agree.  That's a stunner.  10 years ago I heard that there are more Radio Shacks than McD's.  I didn't think that was possible so I pulled the phone book.  Man, there are a lot of Radio Shacks.

Does it matter that I eat three times a day and only play golf once a week?
« Last Edit: July 19, 2006, 09:47:08 PM by John_Conley »

Craig Sweet

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 09:49:23 PM »
The thing about McDonalds is the consitancy from resturant to resturant and country to country...the food, the cleanliness, the layout...and unbelieveable feat if you ask me.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

peter_p

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 10:08:13 PM »
Their basic cheeseburger is pure mimimalism and they usually have an impeccable maintenance meld. But their meat sure varies in taste by region or country.

Adam Clayman

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 10:34:41 PM »
Their basic cheeseburger is pure mimimalism and they usually have an impeccable maintenance meld. But their meat sure varies in taste by region or country.

And apparently..animal. Cuu cuu ca roo
"It's unbelievable how much you don't know about the game you've been playing your whole life." - Mickey Mantle

Michael Dugger

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2006, 04:23:18 AM »
guys, please tell me you do not eat that stuff except when totally left without another option.

It's not really meat, you know, some scientist in a lab creates a meat looking substance?

Everyone should read Fast Food Nation.  

It isn't normal for a french fry to not change appearance or shape over the course of a month......but it doesn't.
What does it matter if the poor player can putt all the way from tee to green, provided that he has to zigzag so frequently that he takes six or seven putts to reach it?     --Alistair Mackenzie--

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back