News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tim Pitner

Re:Memorable Hard Shots
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2006, 12:44:56 AM »
That's what that course is called?--Jans.  My sister went to Northwestern and I lived briefly in Chicago.  I haven't played the course, but I know those holes well.  I never could figure out what those random holes were doing in town, seemingly running through backyards, by railroad tracks, basically anywhere that had an opening between the trees.  Was it one course or more than one?  Was it even an actual course?  That's what I'd be thinking after I watched my Hawkeyes drill the Wildcats again.  And, I always wanted to jump down there and give it a go.

Michael Robin

« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2006, 01:10:33 AM »
How about the tee shot on the 6th at Kidnappers. The wind is from the left
and into you at about 25 knots. It's 206 from the back tee playing 230, but if you hit a wood it will balloon and end up either short and dead, right and dead or if you try to ride the wind from the left and don't nail it, left and dead off the cliff. The play is a perfectly struck, hook 3 iron that requires both nerve and execution.

The tee shot on the 15th hole there is about equally as hard. One day in my group nobody was able to keep the ball on the fairway, all of us scared of the cliff left and ending up in the hazard right. I think that this might be the hardest hole I've ever played, and it is completely fair!

Tom Jefferson

« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2006, 02:47:55 AM »
Any of the numerous shots at the Bandon complex where you can (are asked to) bump or roll the shot into the green (esp against or over a false front)...4, 5, 15, 17, 18 at Pac come to mind.  

Any downwind or crosswind tee shot, such as those at #16 Bandon Dunes from the black tee, or the left to right flight of the tee shot on #17.

So............any shot where the wind floats and moves the ball down or sidewind, and where the ground game and it's many delightful bumps and rolls effects the outcome.

Or, any putt where you have to roll the ball away from the hole, especially a long one where you can watch and watch the roll and walk along with the ball as it trickles around on it's journey to the cup.

T
the pres

D_Malley

« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2006, 10:01:39 AM »
jslonis

my reasoning for a fade off 18 at merion is this.  

#1. i do not like to hit a draw on a hole which has a extreme right to left slope on the fairway,  i feel like the chance of being in the left rough is greatly increased.

#2. i do not like to play a draw on holes which have OB left.

D_Malley

« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2006, 10:04:22 AM »
also feel like there is alot more room to the right once you have cleared the quarry.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back