News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

peter_p

Fill Out a Friday Foursome aT Astoria?
« on: July 04, 2006, 11:22:08 PM »
Tiger Bernhardt, John Kirk and I are playing Astoria GC
at noon Friday and have a space to fill. Please IM me if you can join in.

Peter

Bill_McBride

Re:Fill Out a Friday Foursome aT Astoria?
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2006, 11:45:16 PM »
Sounds like fun!  Unfortunately I don't get to Portland until 7/16.

Tim Leahy

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2006, 12:14:16 PM »
Peter,
 I wish I could get up there to join you, but can't make it this time. Tommy N. told a great story about that course to me at the KPV. Please post some pictures or give us a blow by blow review after you play there, it sounds like a great putting course.
I love golf, the fightin irish, and beautiful women depending on the season and availability.

ed_getka

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2006, 01:10:52 PM »
Peter,
   Thanks for extending the invite. I would take you up on it in a second if I weren't going to be on the road to Glacier National Park with the kids. Have a great time.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

peter_p

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2006, 02:13:07 PM »
We have filled up with Sean Leary.

Ed, if you have time and clubs give us a report on the erstwhile Thompson course at Waterton.

ed_getka

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2006, 02:16:45 PM »
Peter,
   I would love to do that, but there is 3 weeks worth of hiking at Glacier and we are only there for 3 days. :) No golf clubs on this trip, although I thought about trying to finagle Old Works on route, but there just isn't anything for the family to do in Anaconda while they wait for me.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Garland Bayley

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2006, 02:46:01 PM »
There is a neat mining museum in Butte, complete with ride on old rail car to mine shafts. There is the mineral museum at the Montana Tech, complete with what I recall as the world's largest gold nugget. In the other direction, there is the beautiful Georgetown Lake (admittedly not Lake Louise) but pretty good by MT standards.

Your tour guide to MT, :)

Garland
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back