News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

mike_malone

Re:Best 2005 GCA related experience
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2006, 11:15:16 AM »
 After playing St. David's for the first time I was hanging out in the grill room. When my host introduced me one guy says " Are you "THE" Mayday from GCA? "
AKA Mayday

Punchbowl

« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2006, 04:46:24 PM »
Having Cape Kidnappers to myself for an afternoon...just me and my caddie Justin...2-4 club wind...

This just beat a late afternoon round at St. Andrews....with Monty just happening to be standing on the 18th tee with us as we finished up.

SL_Solow

« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2006, 05:18:07 PM »
I had a number of special experiences in 2005 including Pat's Hidden Creek outing.  But the best experience was a trip to Long Island with my son, my brother and my nephew to play Friar's Head, Maidstone and especially NGLA.  I have now had the joy of playing the Old Course and NGLA (among others) with my boy (young man).  This is more than I ever could have expected and I am very grateful.  I hope to experience similar pleasures in the coming years and wish the same to all my friends on GCA.

ed_getka

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2006, 11:15:20 AM »
Made a fall trip out east with David Kelly. On the first day was able to tour Sebonac with one of the pros, golfed with Mike Sweeney at Tallgrass, and then golfed with Gene Greco in the afternoon. Next day we were to meet KBM, but he had a last minute meeting come up so I got on the phone and called GCA guys looking for advice of what was near us worth seeing. Wayne Morrison answered, invited us down to see Rolling Green (he dropped what he was doing, came out on a drizzly day, with a bum shoulder no less - absolutely typifies most GCAers I have met, what a great group). While we were playing Mike Malone ran over from the office a couple of times to see how we were doing. When we were done Wayne asked if we wanted to go walk Merion, he asked the pro who was very nice about it, and we walked Merion on a quiet afternoon and just enjoyed ourselves SO much.
   Meanwhile Matt Ward was a whirlwind the whole trip giving us advice and taking us to check things out and making sure we weren't getting lost.
    Meeting Donnie Beck was an absolute pleasure and he took time out to show us around in spite of being sick.
    It is experiences like this that make me want to go out of my way to provide similar experiences to GCA'ers when I am able.
    Thanks guys for a memorable trip.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tony Petersen

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 06:47:53 PM »
 ;D Though I have yet to meet any of the GCA'ers that I have spoken too on many occasions, I am really looking forward to getting out and about this summer and meeting the lot of ya! Starting with Palm Desert in June, which should be a nice trial by fire :-) For those that know, thanks for all of the help over the past 4 years  ;)
Ski - U - Mah... University of Minnesota... "Seven beers followed by two Scotches and a thimble of marijuana and it's funny how sleep comes all on it's own.”

Jason Topp

« Reply #30 on: March 18, 2006, 09:59:16 PM »
If you count January 1, 2006 in Australia as part of 2005 (it was in the states)  I played with GCA'ers on the hottest day I've ever played (Newcastle - 120 or 113 Farenheit depending on who you talk to), and the coldest day I've ever played at (Sutton Bay - 35F with strong wind and snow near the lake) and enjoyed both days.  

RJ Daley will always be associated in my mind with cold and scotch.  Phillip Gawith will always be associated with burning countryside, heatstroke and drinking water.

2006 is looking up.  I had a couple of nice days in Orlando in January with Pete B.  I'm concerned about this Palm Springs thing, however.

ed_getka

« Reply #31 on: March 18, 2006, 10:22:37 PM »
Jason,
   Not to worry, I talked to someone who has a house down there. Most likely to be in 90's at high, could go to a little over 100 but no 120's until August so there shouldn't be any spontaneous combustion during KP V.
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back