News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

David Neveux

Greetings from Michigan
« on: February 13, 2006, 12:11:24 AM »
Just wanted to say hello to all, I'm a new member / long time visitor of the site.  It is still a snowy misery here in Michigan although I'm happy to say that I will be traveling to North Carolina for sping break here in a couple weeks to play some exciting courses, namely Southern Pines, Pine Needles, Mid Pines, Tobacco Road.  Hopefully this will hold me over until spring, although I doubt it.  Anyone else tired of this wintery weather?  Thanks for having me, D.P.N.

Jonathan McCord

Re:Greetings from Michigan
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2006, 12:30:55 AM »
Hey, I'm with ya.  The snow can melt so we can get out the clubs anytime pal.  I go to school up at Ferris and all of the golfers are planning our spring golf trips.  Welcome to the site....as you are well aware, this place is amazing.
"Read it, Roll it, Hole it."

Anthony_Nysse

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »
David,
  From one Michigan State grad to a future one, Welcome! Where are you orginally from? I'm a Grand Rpaids native, but I got out of the cold and down in the south. Welcome to the site!

Tony Nysse
Asst. Supt.
Long Cove Club
HHI, SC
Anthony J. Nysse
Director of Golf Courses & Grounds
Apogee Club
Hobe Sound, FL

Jfaspen

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2006, 07:02:03 AM »
I echo Anthony's comments regarding MSU :)  

Welcome to the site.

Jeff

David Neveux

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2006, 10:42:30 AM »
Anthony,
   Originally I'm from Grosse Pointe just outside of Detroit.  I will graduating next December, after which I fully intend to move somewhere WARM 365 days/yr.  

Sean,
   Thanks for the tip, although I'm not sure I can trust a wolverine fan.  I haven't scheduled any times, but we are supposed to play only once that day so a second round is a definite possibility.  

Bill_McBride

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2006, 01:37:52 PM »
David, that's exactly the rotation I played in October at the Dixie Cup matches.  You will like them all.  Sean is right, get in two rounds at Tobacco Road as you will be dazed after round one.  Too much sensory input, too much uncertainty.  And the yardage guide is okay but it's still pretty confusing. I just played once and look forward to next time out there.

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2006, 01:44:02 PM »
A fan is someone like Huckleberry.  He cheers on a school he didn't attend!
Ciao

Sean

Sean - you got me there.  I am a FAN of USC football, have been since I was born thanks to my Dad attending there.  I am a life and freaki-death diehard slit my wrist when we suck (like right now in hoops) alumnus of Santa Clara University (which doesn't have football, as I think you know).

TH

Tom Huckaby

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2006, 01:52:39 PM »
Huckleberry

Its like shooting fish in a barrel.  I am pleased you keep your sense of humor despite the California highlife.

Ciao

Sean

Sean - man you do have me pegged.  And yes, this is a lot of fun.

;D

ed_getka

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2006, 01:59:52 PM »
David,
   Welcome to the site. I look forward to hearing a report when you return from your trip. I actually don't mind winter too much right now, 75 and sunny isn't too much to bear. 8)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2006, 02:05:27 PM »
Welcome from another Michigander.  That Pinehurst trip sounds great, and I might even be out there about the same time if things work out.  Looking forward to your thoughts!

David Neveux

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2006, 05:13:18 PM »
Brian

Please let me know if you will in fact be in the area.  As of today I only have two other partners confirmed to be coming and a third who is potentially interested.  Tenatively we are looking to play SP on sunday Mar 5th, PN and MP on mon Mar 6th, and TR tue Mar 7th.  We would love to add a fourth if it fits your schedule.

Brian_Sleeman

« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
David: Thanks much for your invitation.  If I do go, it'll most likely be with another group including the new Mrs., but if for some reason I end up solo I'll definitely get in touch.

You and your buddies will have a blast, and I guarantee you this won't be your last trip to the Pinehurst area.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 10:43:47 PM by Brian_Sleeman »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back