News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Voytek Wilczak

White Witch - von Hagge -Jamaica
« on: February 14, 2006, 04:26:11 PM »
This track is a part of the Ritz Carlton Resort in Montego Bay, Jamaica.

Does the treehouse have any opinion on the course?

My wife is invited to a 4-day business event there in March, but I would have to take 3 days off work to join her.

So it's either that or Sicily this year given my limited vacation time.

So unless White Witch is at least 7-8 on Doak scale, Sicily (which is a 10 on any scale) will win...

jeffwarne

Re:White Witch - von Hagge -Jamaica
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 04:50:14 PM »
After the experience I had at immigration at the airport entering Jamaica,I would definitely go to Sicily.

The white Witch is a good course in a great setting.
I don't mean that as a criticism as it is a difficult site.
The practice tee has about a 200 foot elevation drop.
Lots of elevation changes,great scenery.

It was a lot better than I expected as the Caribbean is not usually noted for its' golf
"Let's slow the damned greens down a bit, not take the character out of them." Tom Doak
"Take their focus off the grass and put it squarely on interesting golf." Don Mahaffey

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2006, 05:04:05 PM »
Voytek:

My wife and I went there 3 years ago with 3 other couples. Everyone loved the experience.

Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Aidan Bradley

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2006, 05:19:21 PM »
This is a fun course and there are two others close by. I will be going back in early March to do so more photography. However, I would urge you to use caution when venturing outside the confines of your resort.

Aidan.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back