News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jason Hines

Re:Feature Interview with Don Graham is posted
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2006, 01:49:10 PM »
Bill,

You can also try the Lincoln airport which is 2 1/2 hours from G-burg.  The disadvantage is that they only have United and Northwest.  Omaha has all the major airlines, but is 3 1/2 hours away from the airport, Denver is another 50 miles away.  Kearney also is served by Frontier Express, but I think they are always evenly priced with North Platte.  Bring an extra sick bag if you plan on landing at the small airports during a windy day.  I personally do not like the G-burg acomodations, however North Platte is fine or Lexington is your next best choice.  

Dick is correct on the food offerings, that area is probably the only part in the state that does not have several legendary local joints. IMHO.  Dick, didn’t you find a decent Italian place in Cozad?

I have often wondered why no one has built a couple of condo rentals at WH.  I would pay "normal" resort rates to stay around the course and bring my own food to cook.  That is of course if my folks did not live 45 minutes away.

Jason
« Last Edit: February 14, 2006, 01:56:45 PM by Jason_Hines »

RJ_Daley

Re:Feature Interview with Don Graham is posted
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2006, 03:26:14 PM »
Jason, yes the Bella Italia in Cozad is very good.  

I have flown into Lincoln on Northwest and it was very efficient.  With fuel prices, I actually can't drive my truck for as cheap as fly, rent a car, and save a nights lodging.
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back