News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Glen Rapoport

Golf in and about Jupiter, FL
« on: February 08, 2006, 03:10:04 PM »
Can anyone give their recommendations for golf in the Jupiter, Florida area.  I have never been there and will have some opportunity next week. Thanks.

Glen

Jerry Lemons

Re:Golf in and about Jupiter, FL
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:22:59 PM »
Glen, You cannot beat Jupiter Hills CC if you can. I can also Tell you Norman's Course at Hobe Sound the medalist was fun. I think Pete Dye  and Greg  N teamed up on that one. JHCC is a great George Fazio course. One of my all time favorites.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 04:23:40 PM by Jerry Lemons »
Times flys and your the pilot !

Adam_Messix

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 05:14:30 PM »
There are plenty of private clubs in the West Palm Beach area, many of which are difficult to impossible to gain access to.  The usual suspects that are talked about on this site on occasion are Seminole, Jupiter Hills, Pine Tree, the Bears Club, Old Marsh, Mayacoo Lakes, Loxahatchee, McArthur, and the Medalist just to name a few.  Of these, Mayacoo might be doable depending on the day.  

From the semi-private, public persective, the list is not very large, particularly given that Emerald Dunes is now private.  If it were me, I would drive up to the PGA courses in Port St. Lucie (two Fazio, one Dye).  I've heard good things about Cobblestone in Palm City  which is closer to Jupiter, but I haven't played it.  Actually, the first ten holes at North Palm  Beach are really good and follow Raynor's routing for the most part.  West Palm Beach Country Club was apparantly Dick Wilson's first design, but it was ragged the last time I saw it and from a design standpoint I thought it was pretty bland.  On my next visit to area, I am going to visit Indian Hills in Port St. Lucie just to see what Ward Northrup did there because the land there was pretty good.  I think Jim Fazio near Port St. Lucie that has received some good reviews on this site, but I don't remember the name.  There are several others in the area, but none of them are much to talk about.  

Robert Emmons

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 07:43:16 PM »
Cobblestone is now The Fox Club...

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 11:11:29 PM »
Now that Emerald Dunes is private, there is nothing public I would recommend

If you have access to privates, IM me and I will give you a list
« Last Edit: February 08, 2006, 11:18:59 PM by cary lichtenstein »
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

JESII

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 11:17:06 PM »
Not even the par 3 course down between the intra-coastal and the ocean? Seriously Glen, for $15 bucks or so and about an hour its pretty cool.

Gene Greco

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2006, 07:16:07 AM »
Not even the par 3 course down between the intra-coastal and the ocean? Seriously Glen, for $15 bucks or so and about an hour its pretty cool.

JES:

Are you referring to Island Dunes CC a 1989 Joe Lee design on Hutchinson Island?
"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Jim Dawson

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2006, 10:56:54 AM »
I played Cobblestone last year and it was in terrible shape.
Try Abacoa, a public course and not a bad value
Hammock Creek is pretty gimicky
PGA in Port St Lucie is good
There is not a whole lot of good public courses.
Thanks,
JD

JESII

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2006, 11:04:11 AM »

JES:

Are you referring to Island Dunes CC a 1989 Joe Lee design on Hutchinson Island?

Gene,

I think the name is actually just Palm Beach Par 3. Not sure of the exact directions, but it's directly across the intra-coastal from The Everglades Club.

Honestly just a normal short par 3 course with mostly under 100 yard holes and then all of the sudden there's a 220 yarder with the water directly on the left and garbage to the right. Puckers up your cheeks in no time. :)

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2006, 11:52:52 AM »
Links at Madison Green can be quirky but does have some pretty cool holes.

redanman

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 12:20:01 PM »
A few facts to disrupt this thread.....

Palm Beach Par 3 is famous for being a place Jesper played when attending PBJC.  You can't play it for $15 this time of year; Fees are all about the season in this part of the world. PBPar3?  It's a cool little joint.

Lake Worth Municipal (Home of the USA's "oldest foursome") is directly across the intracoastal from PBPar3.  It's a Doak 3ish.

The Everglades club is 8-9 miles north, directly off Worth Avenue, what Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills aspires to be.  Short, but really way super cool (Even has a redan), Silva-restored Seth bunkers of note and probably the best-located golf course in the world; but not across from PBPar3.

JESII

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2006, 12:25:16 PM »
Bill,

You sound very conficent in those statements, but I can guarantee you I would never have paid much more than $15 to play a par 3 course, and I was down there this time of year. Also, There is a Palm Beach Municipal that may fit your location, Everglades was pointed out to me by a guy familiar with it, I personally have never been to The Everglades Club, so if wrong, my mistake.

Are we going to Google maps? ;D

redanman

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2006, 01:15:09 PM »
LINK TO PALM BEACH

looks like about 7 miles

I lived in the Palm Beaches for 25 years, not like Tom Paul, though, I was poor.  Still am.

RATES FOR PBPar 3

Close to $15, closer than I remembered.  Sorry, Sully, I'm a shump. ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:20:29 PM by redanmanŽ aka BillV »

JESII

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2006, 02:17:51 PM »
Looks like split if you ask me Billy. :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back