News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

RJ_Daley

Re:Hello World...
« Reply #50 on: February 07, 2006, 01:07:47 PM »
oops, I just was informed Tiger nor Holmes are in the AT&T, what a pity. :'(
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

James Bennett

« Reply #51 on: February 07, 2006, 05:18:31 PM »
But, if anyone would like to give me 49-1 odds (that is how many wins Tiger has over Holmes) that Tiger will finish higher than Holmes this week, I'll take it. ;) ;D 8)

Dick

do you know what odds were available for JB Holmes to win last week at Scottsdale?  290 to 1.  One of my gym buddies is a punter, and got the word that this guy was a chance.  $30 investment produced an $8000 payout!   I don't think you will get those odds again on JB Holmes.

290 to 1! ::)

James B
Bob; its impossible to explain some of the clutter that gets recalled from the attic between my ears. .  (SL Solow)

RJ_Daley

« Reply #52 on: February 07, 2006, 05:22:26 PM »
Oh crikie James, I swear if I'd have been approached with that opportunity to bet, I'd have jumped on it.  As I said above, I watched Holmes at the Palmer cup last June and came on gca.com and made a pretty breathless post about his awesome play.  

Had I made that bet, I'd have blown the dough immediately on a fine trip to OZ. ;) ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

JESII

« Reply #53 on: February 08, 2006, 12:25:28 PM »
Shivas,

I've asked this question at various times in various posts on this site, and I do so because I agree with you wholeheartedly about the future prototypical tour caliber player.

What do you think can or should be done about this evolution with respect to golf course architecture?

PThomas

« Reply #54 on: February 08, 2006, 12:26:53 PM »
I hope the kid or somebody can challenge Tiger, so we can get some battles like Jack V. Watson, Jack v. Arnie, etc

Don't think Tiger has had a duel with Els, Vijay or Phil down the stretch in a major!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Craig Sweet

« Reply #55 on: February 08, 2006, 12:35:50 PM »
Phil will NEVER be a "winner" because he's fat and contented to be as good as he is, not any better. I would be surprised if he wins another major.

So yes, it is good that some new blood is coming along to challenge and push Tiger.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

Jerry Kluger

« Reply #56 on: February 08, 2006, 05:08:12 PM »
You guys missed what I felt was very telling about the whole situation:  Vijay was using a 48 inch driver in order to get more distance.  Now that to me is scary if he thinks that he needs another 10 or 15 yards knowing that his accuracy will suffer.  Perhaps we all need to recognize that distance is the number one factor today and it seems that it should be more important to us who do not play stroke play events where an errant shot can cost you a tournament versus a hole.

RJ_Daley

« Reply #57 on: February 08, 2006, 06:35:30 PM »
Jerry, and thus the first line of defense for any pro, including the elite and already long drivers like Vijay, who are facing the future of more JB Holmes coming onto the tour is - resort to a technology fix.  (do you categorize the switch to a longer driver as a technology fix, or just mechanics?)

Shivas, we can't keep looking to golf course architecture or set-up maintenance to address this issue. It is the ball!  Tour competition ball.  That's it.  We are out of options.

Craig Sweet

« Reply #58 on: February 08, 2006, 06:41:48 PM »
Nah!!!! Just let em' rip it as far as they can! THAT is what we all want to see!!!  

Get long, or go home.
LOCK HIM UP!!!

JESII

« Reply #59 on: February 08, 2006, 11:03:47 PM »
We are out of options.

Just out of curiosity, who is this "we" you refer to?

RJ_Daley

« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 12:33:10 AM »
Just out of curiosity, who is this "we" you refer to?

Well, me and my posse, of course.  You want to get jumped into the gang? ::) ;D
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:33:34 AM by RJ_Daley »

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back