News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Kyle Harris

Re:Philly Welcome Dinner Janruary 25th
« Reply #25 on: January 24, 2006, 06:29:19 PM »
Auld Grey Toon should be enough reason.

wsmorrison

« Reply #26 on: January 24, 2006, 06:39:40 PM »
Just one in a loooong line, Kyle.  

See you tomorrow night.  Make sure you leave an hour early so you can find the place.  You make me look like a seasoned navigator, though that will be hard for Tom Paul to believe.

Kyle Harris

« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2006, 06:50:59 PM »
We're on the correct side of the Schuylkill this time, Morrison.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2006, 07:39:59 PM »
Say hi to everybody...  Gotta work late    :P

Damn - how dare work get in the way of golf!

TEPaul

« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2006, 07:48:06 PM »
"We're on the correct side of the Schuylkill this time, Morrison."

Schuykill? I thought it was the Delaware. Or am I thinking of the Susquenhanna? Who cares---if you've seen one river you've seem 'em all. Don't worry about it, if I get within five miles of the Tavern I'll smell it---if I'm not smokin' that is!

Speaking of smokin' I was talking to Da Mayor tonight and he told me New Jersey is about to institute a whole state smoking ban, like in April, so he told me to get down there pretty quick if I want to smoke at PV.

To me that's just crazy and I just might switch from a broken down old New York liberal to a libertarian any day now.

Anyway, as my great friend Bill Webster once observed PVGC is perhaps the only place that does not allow smoking outside but does allow smoking inside (the clubhouse). And now inside the clubhouse is about to get banned by the state of New Jersey?!

Da Mayor says he thinks that's bad for biness in the State of New Jersey and he's gonna propose to the Guvna that the state of New Jersey legislate the legalization of prostitution.

Legalize prostitution at PVGC?! Are you kidding me?! If that happens that golf course will be #1 in the world for the rest of time.

They might have to change their "Women's play" policy, though, from Sunday afternoon to just Sunday between 10am and 11am when the hookers are in church.

redanman

« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2006, 08:04:59 PM »
in

peter_mcknight

« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2006, 08:09:00 PM »
Unfortunately, as an Orangeno, I obviously can't attend this, although it certainly sounds like fun.

Next time I'm back home, I will make a stop to Phil's to try their version of the chicken cheesesteak and the cheesesteak.  I can't believe they would advertise the cheese whiz FIRST for the chicken cheesesteak--that's just sacreligious. The cheese choice must be white american!

Phil's looks a great deal like Stahley's Cellarette in Allentown (what a wonderful place for steamed clams).

Jason Mandel

« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »
Updated List

So far it's

Jason Mandel
Cory Lewis
Mike Trenham
Wayne Morrisson
Mike "Mayday" Malone
Kyle Harris
Doug Braunsdorf
Mike Cirba
Steve Shaeffer
Bill "Redanman" Vostinak
GCA lurker Cal Carlisle (welcome Cal)
Tom Paul

Here's one more updated list.  Looking forward to seeing everyone tommorow.

Jason
You learn more about a man on a golf course than anywhere else

contact info: jasonymandel@gmail.com

mike_malone

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2006, 09:47:40 PM »
I'm sorry but in my most recent talk with Flynn he insisted that I not give up the fight for #7. He said he was amazed that two guys who are writing a book about him could be so clueless. What can I do? I guess I just need to take my beating!
AKA Mayday

redanman

« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2006, 08:33:53 AM »
JUST TO STICK IT TO THE REST OF YOU...

THE most successful GCA dinner ever.  

Lots of fun, everyone showed up and conversation was very lively including O/T stuff.

Oh, BTW - we collected too much money for the bill.  :P ;)

Welcome Cory, it's great to add you to our neighborhood.

Nice to see everyone again.

BV

Kyle Harris

« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2006, 08:35:06 AM »
Likewise Bill, good to finally meet you.

Thanks Jason Mandel for setting up a wonderful evening.

Doug Braunsdorf

« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2006, 08:59:54 AM »
I'll third the sentiment-Welcome Cory!  'Twas good to see all of you last night, albeit briefly-and Thank You Jason for picking a great place to eat.  That was a hell of a (cheese)steak!  ;D

Thanks

DRB
"Never approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction."

mike_malone

« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2006, 09:12:18 AM »
 Thanks to Jason--Welcome to Cory. You have gone from a modern classic course to a bonafide classic. Good Luck!

I haven't had a cheesesteak in more than a year and don't see another one in my future.  

It was good to meet our lurker there.

Tom Paul and Wayne Morrison were too physically challenged to pound me.

Always good to see the usual suspects.
AKA Mayday

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2006, 09:18:37 AM »
Yeah, yeah, yeah...we were like a bunch of old mother hens...gabbing away the evening and all of us but Jason going off our diets.

Kyle seems to think that French Onion Soup followed by French Fries is a meal.   ::) ;D

And...I can't even begin to describe what was going on between redanman, Wayne, and Tom Paul in the other room as the evening wore on.   :o ;D

But seriously folks, it was great to see everyone during the long, cold winter and thanks to Jason for organizing such a fun evening.  

And, welcome to Cory...you're as crazy as the rest of us so I'm sure you'll be a good fit.  ;)

Cory Lewis

« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2006, 09:31:26 AM »
It's wonderful to know there is such a great group of GCA guys in the Philadelphia area.  Thanks to Jason for putting together this event, and to everybody who came for making me feel welcome to my new home.  
Instagram: @2000golfcourses
http://2000golfcourses.blogspot.com

Kyle Harris

« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2006, 09:31:33 AM »
Nyeh,

I need to get down to "in-season and single" weight.

More aerodynamic, ya know...  :P ;D

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back