News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ed Tilley

Re:Diverse pars but a superior stretch.
« Reply #50 on: January 20, 2006, 07:27:42 AM »
Unfortunately, due to work commitments, I came to this discussion late. I immediately thought of 3 combinations but these had all been suggested, 2 of them by Sean (Enniscrone 15,16,17; Dornoch 9,10,11; and my favourite finish in golf St. Enodoc 16,17,18). Some others from this side of the Atlantic:

Enniscrone 1,2,3
Pyle & Kenfig 11,12,13
Hardelot (Pins) 16,17,18
Carne 13,14,15
Turnberry 15,16,17

Brent Hutto

Re:Diverse pars but a superior stretch.
« Reply #51 on: January 20, 2006, 08:01:51 AM »
As a short hitter I enjoy the sequence of the 8th, 9th and 10th holes at Pasatiempo. Standing on the eighth tee you see a downhill shot to the eighth green and in the distance you can see the short Par 5 ninth rising back toward the clubhouse on the hill. A par of three should be very makable on the relatively easy eighth (compared to that pair of monster one-shotters earlier on that side). Then you have one of my favorite combinations, an easy Par 5 followed by a hard Par 4. Down the hill on eight, back up the hill on nine and then down again with the tee shot on ten. Basically a lovely, honest Par 3 followed by two "half stroke" holes.

Honorable mention goes to holes 14, 15, 16 at Palmetto. The fourteenth is the toughest Par 5 on the course. Then you turn the corner and play one of the most unique short Par 4's anywhere before taking a short walk to the Par 3 sixteenth. Not the best one-shotter on the course (few short holes anywhere are better than the devilish seventh at Palmetto) but it's the start of the historic three-hole loop behind the clubhouse and is challenging for me due to sheer length.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back