News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Jack_Marr

Re:Ireland or Scotland
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 09:05:14 PM »
Sean- Have you played Strandhill before?  I really liked it and I thought for the money it was a good deal.

Rosses Point has really upped their fees.  We paid 70 Euro at the end of May 2006.  I love the course, so I think I'd still be happy paying 90 though.

Evan

There is no question that Rosses Point considers themselves to be the darling of the area. I think we paid 55 Euro on a weekend about 3 years ago.  If there was anyway to give the place a miss without going to a really sub-standard place I would have.  I hate it when clubs think they are top dog especially when imo they are a far cry from it.  To me, Rosses Point is strictly a matter of convenience in this situation.  I bet they don't get many local paying that green fee.

I have never seen or even heard much about Strandhill.  I am looking forward to a game there.  

Ciao

Sean

Strandhill is a nice, quirky course with some excellent holes. Short, but fun.

John
John Marr(inan)

Evan_Smith

« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2007, 11:08:37 PM »
Sean- I also hate when courses start charging more than everyone else, but if we keep paying, they'll keep charging.  

I have photos of every hole at Strandhill.  There are a couple of bland holes, but also some really quirky great ones.  Maybe I should post my photos of the place.  I have posted some in the past as the largest dune I've ever seen on a golf course is at Strandhill.

Also, if you don't have a place to stay yet, I highly recommend Seashore B&B in Ballysadare.  It's less than 30 mins to Enniscrone, and about 15 to Strandhill.  Plus it's a great B&B.

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2007, 11:17:00 PM »
You can't go wrong where ever you go.  But I would like to also suggest that you consider England/Wales.  What I like about Those two options are that you can play some of the world's best links and heathlands courses.  if you have not played a Sunningdale or other heathland course you will be pleased you did.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Chris Cupit

« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2007, 11:50:56 PM »
Ireland if you bring the wife, Scotland for golf only.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back