News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bill_McBride

Mike Golden - One Lucky Guy
« on: November 01, 2005, 10:52:33 AM »
As most know, GCA's own Mike Golden moved from the West Coast to the Gulf Coast earlier this year, and has enjoyed great fortune as a result.  He has joined and quit several of our lesser public-access courses while awaiting the renovation of Pensacola Country Club.  He has almost bought two businesses and is excited about a third.  He has bought two homes and sold one.  All in all a busy guy......

Now he has hit the jackpot and married a lovely lady, the new Mrs. Sheila Golden.  A couple of photos from the wedding reception Saturday night:

I think the honeymoon involves golf in San Francisco and Carmel!  Mrs. Golden is a very nice lady indeed, as she is not (yet) a golfer!  

THuckaby2

Re:Mike Golden - One Lucky Guy
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2005, 10:53:54 AM »
Fantastic - mucho congrats to the new Mr. and Mrs. Golden.  Never has the name seemed more appopriate.

;D ;D

Mike Benham

« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2005, 10:58:36 AM »
Mike said that we can now call him "Grandpa Mike" ... but if do, we have to give him a few extra strokes ...

"... and I liked the guy ..."

cary lichtenstein

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2005, 11:35:12 AM »
Mike:

Wow, you got an awful lot done in soooo short a time. Much congrads ;D

Cary and Bette
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Geoffrey Childs

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2005, 11:39:43 AM »
Mike

Congratulations to you and Sheila.

It was great to meet the two of you at your newest favorite golf course on the planet.  May you have many decades of health and happiness to gether.

Hope to see the two of you again soon.

Geoffrey

Tiger_Bernhardt

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2005, 11:40:48 AM »
Congrats to the happy couple. Mike you are a fast moving man. My hat is off to you. I hope you two have a lifetime of happyness together. John

Dan King

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2005, 12:45:49 PM »
Way to go Mike. Just judging from the pics it looks like she is too good for you :-).

Dan King
A golfer needs a loving wife to whom he can describe the day's play through the long evening.
  --P.G. Wodehouse

Jeff Fortson

« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2005, 01:37:25 PM »
Congrats and good luck Mike!

Jeff F.
#nowhitebelt

Evan Fleisher

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2005, 01:58:56 PM »
Congrats to the newlyweds...enjoy your CA trip, and good luck down in Pensacola.
Born Rochester, MN. Grew up Miami, FL. Live Cleveland, OH. Handicap 12.2. Have 24 & 21 year old girls and wife of 27 years. I'm a Senior Supply Chain Business Analyst for Vitamix. Diehard walker, but tolerate cart riders! Love to travel, always have my sticks with me. Mollydooker for life!

Mike_Golden

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2005, 02:20:20 PM »
Thanks, Bill, for posting the photos.  I've never been happier in my life and it really hasn't been as hectic as it sounds.

Thanks, everyone, for all the kind words.  There's a great community of people on GCA and, as one of the Golf Web originals, it's been my pleasure to meet and become friends with so many of you over the years.  It's been almost 10 years since BillV, ReneeV, Tommy, and I met at Pasa for the first time and then got together with Dan King, Kevin Reilly, and Pete Galea for golf at Half Moon Bay, Cal Club and Olympic as well as a wonderful meal at the Lark Creek Cafe in San Mateo.  Seeing the photos of the revisions at Pasa that Tom Huckaby posted just makes me want to recreate that moment.

After being single for 4 years after a long marriage it feels great to be in exactly the kind of relationship I hoped for all my life and never really had.  Add to that an instant family (3 grown step kids and a 5 month old grandson, appropriately named Michael) and it as much as anyone could possibly ask for.

Dan, I told Sheila what you wrote and that I agree with you but she thinks differently :)

Sheila's first exposure to golf architecture was to walk NGLA in August, buy lots of stuff for me in the pro shop I bought some stuff for her also), and have George Bahto autograph his book on CB McDonald so she most likely has no place to go but down but is very interested in learning the game, bought a set of clubs in July, and is starting to get out and hit balls.  Her goal is to beat me and she is pretty determined so I'll try not to teach her too much ;D

Joe Hancock

« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2005, 02:22:44 PM »
Congrats!

Joe
" What the hell is the point of architecture and excellence in design if a "clever" set up trumps it all?" Peter Pallotta, June 21, 2016

"People aren't picking a side of the fairway off a tee because of a randomly internally contoured green ."  jeffwarne, February 24, 2017

Kevin_Reilly

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 03:22:49 PM »
Congrats....yet another GCAer marries over his head!   :D
"GOLF COURSES SHOULD BE ENJOYED RATHER THAN RATED" - Tom Watson

Peter Galea

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 03:34:22 PM »
Congratulations Mike, and best wishes to your bride.
"chief sherpa"

PThomas

« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2005, 08:06:08 PM »
congrats Mike!
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

RJ_Daley

« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
Mazel Tov Sh"lom bayit. ;D
No actual golf rounds were ruined or delayed, nor golf rules broken, in the taking of any photographs that may be displayed by the above forum user.

SL_Solow

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 12:35:58 AM »
Mazel Tov.  

ForkaB

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2005, 12:45:35 AM »
Congratulations, Mike

I still remember fondly my first GCA game with you, Dan and Grant at Lake Merced. If and when you and Sheila hear the pitter patter of little feet, you may well understand why I had to make a hasty exit that day after the round!

All the very best

Rich

Jim Franklin

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2005, 03:12:44 PM »
Congrats Mike, marrying your best friend is a great thing!
Mr Hurricane

ed_getka

« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2005, 06:31:56 PM »
Mike,
  Congratulations on the nuptials. For a guy who doesn't like to golf in wind, you sure moved to a strange place. ;)
"Perimeter-weighted fairways", The best euphemism for containment mounding I've ever heard.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back