News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ian Andrew

Re:Canada's Toughest Holes
« Reply #50 on: August 02, 2005, 08:30:10 PM »
Adam,

Was it just me, or was the 439 yard second at Highlands Links a serious kick in the beans?

One of the finest fours in Canada, very difficult because of the green contours; but a par can be had with a mediocre shot along the way. For many of the other holes mentioned, a miss is punished severely. The second at Highland is too smart a hole to resort to the all or nothing scenario.

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #51 on: August 02, 2005, 10:53:38 PM »
Another hole that could be added to the list is #13 at Scarboro - maybe not the best designed hole but having to hit two uphill shots to a non-receptive green complex with OB left makes this a very challenging hole.

henrye

« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2005, 09:38:59 PM »
Ian et all, sorry for responding so late, but I've been up north for a while, heading back up tomorrow, so I'll be incommunicado again 'till September.

I don't remember the lay up option on #16 at Beacon Hall.  All I remember is the 3' high fescue surrounding the green.  As for the paintbrush, I don't play the backs so the hole is a little shorter.  Played the course a zillion times though, and have missed the green left short of the tree.  Pitched on from there.  Have also hit right over the fence.  Lots of lost balls over there.  The hole's not easy, but I just don't think it's one of the toughest.

Toronto #9 - yes, it's long, but so are lots of holes.  The hole is protected from wind, but I'll confess when the course is wet, this hole is the wettest and can play really long.  Again, not an easy hole, but by no means one of the toughest.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back