News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Donnie Beck

It's that time of year...... :)
« on: August 02, 2005, 08:51:12 AM »

Our irrigation system hard at work!

Kyle Harris

Re:It's that time of year...... :)
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2005, 08:52:02 AM »
Is that pheasant having a tinkle?  ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 08:52:14 AM by Kyle Harris »

Mike_Sweeney

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2005, 09:10:19 AM »
Donnie,

If there is a mass exodus of the membership, please let me know.  ;)

wsmorrison

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2005, 09:13:07 AM »
That is a pretty picture, thanks Donnie.  I expect to see this for myself the first time a bit later this summer.  I hope you won't mind my stopping by to say hello.
Best,
Wayne

Mike_Cirba

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2005, 09:18:11 AM »
Donnie,

Ahhh...the magic and variety of nature.  

Beautiful!  Don't let anyone talk you into replacing that irrigation system!  ;D

Gene Greco

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2005, 09:24:41 AM »
Donnie:

Played at The Maidstone last week and experienced the same type of game as your membership is enjoying right now. It's a blast!

Gene

"...I don't believe it is impossible to build a modern course as good as Pine Valley.  To me, Sand Hills is just as good as Pine Valley..."    TOM DOAK  November 6th, 2010

Ted Kramer

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2005, 09:33:59 AM »
Donnie,

That is the #1 course on my list of "hope to play one day".
The picture that you posted only helps to keep it firmly at the top!

-Ted

TEPaul

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2005, 09:34:47 AM »
Donnie:

Next time you take a photo of the 9th---take it from the other end of the hole when you're out fishing!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 09:35:20 AM by TEPaul »

PThomas

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2005, 09:36:59 AM »
Donnie --a great beautiful photo!!  why ANYONE would think that wall to wall green is prettier than that....I cannot understand that type of thinking ...

and what a waste of water it would be to water that, esp since it appears to be a par 3...

put me behind Kyle on the list!

thanks (and pls post other pictures if at all possible!)

pt
199 played, only Augusta National left to play!

Donnie Beck

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2005, 10:15:25 AM »

TEPaul

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 10:15:58 AM »
Paul:

It can be a par 3 too if one really wants to hit it in that bunker out there and mess around trying to two putt in it. Things like that might be in the inimitable strategic makeup of the incomparable TommyN.

Donnie Beck

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2005, 10:16:28 AM »

TEPaul

« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2005, 10:26:25 AM »
"Can I ask a dumb question:  what do you need the ropes for (the ones right of the forward tee)?  Do you have carts?  And, if you do, would anybody really care if a cart traversed that ground?"

Shivas:

That's not a dumb quesition at all, it's a fine quesiton. The answer, though, is you obviously don't understand Donnie's membership very well. They're a lot like mine at GMGC (actually they're plenty of the same people). Maintenance sort of has to show them the way around a course or they may end up in their cart (or actually even if they're walking) in a bunker or some other hazard like the water. When driving in an automobile around clubs like Fishers or GMGC people need to pay special attention because the members who drive around those clubs sure don't. Matter of fact, old Mrs Prissyknicker at Fishers is such a damn Anglophile she likes to drive on the left side of the road half the time--so one entering or leaving Fishers has to keep an eye out that she might be coming the other way. Somebody almost hit her last year while she was driving on the left side of the road and that guest was send a scalding letter for showing some very poor etiquette.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:28:35 AM by TEPaul »

PThomas

« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2005, 10:27:45 AM »
Tom -- I've heard about TN and a certain bunker in NJ...and I've heard he did hit it in there as planned...but I haven't heard if he then get it out or what happened....

TEPaul

« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2005, 10:32:30 AM »
"Tom -- I've heard about TN and a certain bunker in NJ...and I've heard he did hit it in there as planned...but I haven't heard if he then get it out or what happened.... "

Paul:

Apparently he did indeed----his strategy worked to a tee. The only unexpected occurence is his caddie's mind was blown and he's not been seen since at PVGC. But there's always unusual risk in clever strategies, it's just that I doubt anyone has ever heard of strategic risk being to one's caddie's mind!

Andrew Cunningham

« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2005, 10:33:05 AM »
More pictures please!!!!!!!!!!!!  Brown is beautiful.  Except on the greens.  I gotta get out to New York one of these days.

George Pazin

« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 11:32:55 AM »
Wow. Thanks for sharing.

The course may be multi colored, but I'm pure green with envy. :)
Big drivers and hot balls are the product of golf course design that rewards the hit one far then hit one high strategy.  Shinny showed everyone how to take care of this whole technology dilemma. - Pat Brockwell, 6/24/04

Chris Pike

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 11:43:50 AM »
Donnie....sure beats the view from my office!  ;D
"Golf is a game in which you yell Fore, shoot six and write down five."  -Paul Harvey

Donnie Beck

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2005, 11:56:31 AM »
What is wrong with brown greens ?

Ted Kramer

« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2005, 12:00:52 PM »
Donnie,

How many days per week do you spend on the Island/at the course?

-Ted

TEPaul

« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2005, 12:02:08 PM »
Donnie:

Honest to God that is so pretty and cool looking. We're all really proud of you. Now just go out fishing and try not to get a big swelled head!

Ted:

Are you counting the days per week he spends on the water around the island fishing?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:05:00 PM by TEPaul »

Ted Kramer

« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2005, 12:06:41 PM »
Donnie:

Honest to God that is so pretty and cool looking. We're all really proud of you. Now just go out fishing and try not to get a big swelled head!

Ted:

Are you counting the days per week he spends on the water around the island fishing?

Just trying to get a better handle on exactly how jealous I am/should be.

-Ted

John Foley

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2005, 01:00:22 PM »
OK Donnie. You started it.

Don't even think about stopping now.

We want to see ALL of it!!!
Integrity in the moment of choice

PThomas

« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2005, 01:03:26 PM »
wow, they are getting better and better!!!

TEPaul

« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:23 PM »
Ted:

You are aware, aren't you, that Donie Beck's dry and firm and brown maintenance practices are all geared to how many fish he catches per year?

From the look of those photos I'd say he's on pace for about 750 fish this year. Earlier this summer he was on the 1000 fish per year pace (which may be the max for firm and fast and brown) when he told us the ball was bouncing about 10 feet in the air and skittering around for about 100 yards.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back