News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

cary lichtenstein

Re:The Lure of Lakota
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2005, 09:01:31 PM »
My wife and I played Lakota Canyon for the 2nd time on Sunday and plan on playing it about 10 times during our 9 weeks in Colorado.

We can only tell everyone in the treehouse that this is the real thing. I'll go so far as to say it is one of the 10 best courses we have ever played, a top 10 without a shadow of a doubt.

Later on, I will post more on Lakota after more repeated plays, so I can give you more on various wind conditions, how it plays with A game vs. B game, and what the locals have to say about it.
Live Jupiter, Fl, was  4 handicap, played top 100 US, top 75 World. Great memories, no longer play, 4 back surgeries. I don't miss a lot of things about golf, life is simpler with out it. I miss my 60 degree wedge shots, don't miss nasty weather, icing, back spasms. Last course I played was Augusta

Matt_Ward

Re:The Lure of Lakota
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2005, 11:07:09 AM »
Cary:

Just keep in mind the narrow-minded sorts that follow GCA and that if the name of the designer is other than the short list of preferred players it's unlikely -- check that -- highly improbable that thoe lost souls will ever acknowledge the talent of those who also design courses for a living.

Lakota Canyon Ranch is a tremendous design -- and if you add the likes of Black Mesa and Norman's Red Sky Ranch you have a a trio of courses that are a tour de force experience --all would make my top 100 listing in the USA. The only downside is that the Norman Course really does touch your pocketbook but it's clearly worthy of a visit and play.

Look forward to your comments partner ... by the way check out the front pin area on the par-3 3rd and the back pin area for the superb par-4 16th.

P.S. Remember what I said about checking out the Park City area and Glenwild. ;)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back