News:

Welcome to the Golf Club Atlas Discussion Group!

Please note, each user is approved by the Golf Club Atlas editorial staff. For any new inquiries, please contact us and we will be in contact.

Craig Van Egmond

Re:Bayonet/Black Horse courses
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2005, 11:13:47 AM »

I had the pleasure of playing the "kindler gentler" version of Bayonet/Black Horse with America's guest.  He shot very well from the tips. For me it was hit the fairway make a par, miss the fairway bogie or worse.  The fairways seemed very narrow and the rough was brutal, nothing more to do than hack the ball back in the fairway and hope it doesn't run through the other side.  It requires a special shot to hack it out while standing under branches that I do not have.  The course is still a brute. If you are very straight off the tee then you'll have a good day.

While I'm glad I played it once, I much rather hang out at Pajaro with Pete.

I wouldn't give either course more than a 4 on the Doak scale.

THuckaby2

Re:Bayonet/Black Horse courses
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2005, 11:22:27 AM »
That was a GREAT day, Craig... I remember it well.  I believe you of all people though got the LONG version of my whining about the place.  You are a very good sport.

;D ;D

Pajaro is MUCH more fun than either of these courses, without a doubt... particularly if you include having Pete G. along with you, and spending time in one of the world's friendliest 19th holes.

As for Doak 4 for each well... that's does seem right to me, although drainage alone, and cool views, make them worth seeing... so can we give them a 4.6 or so?   ;).  But it just illustrates my point as to what used to be... the old Bayonet had to have been a solid Doak 6, just because of how damn unique it was.  That is sadly mostly gone.

:'( :'(

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back