News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Tommy Williamsen

British withdrawal symptoms
« on: August 31, 2004, 11:16:06 PM »
It happens every time I play golf in the British Isles, be it links or heathland courses.  I come home and play excellent courses, some of them in the top 100.  YET, I still go through withdrawal because I miss the courses in the British Isles.  I miss the questionable conditions (by American standards), the ground game, the dogs on the course, bad bounces, greens with tape around them to keep the sheep off of them, the comararderie of the clubhouse etc.  What's a person to do?
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Bill_McBride

Re:British withdrawal symptoms
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2004, 11:25:43 PM »
It's really funny..... I played with a great deal more concentration in Britain than I usually play with at home.  Then I got home and played the same: an unusual 78 the first round, a 79 the second, and a steady progression of low then mid 80's since then, capped by a nifty 93 last Saturday in a medal competition.  There is something about playing abroad that changes your mental framework.  And all for the better!

Evan_Green

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2004, 03:22:05 AM »
Tommy:

How about high-tailing it to Bandon, OR?

Mark_Rowlinson

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2004, 04:47:04 AM »
I think some of us living over here are getting withdrawal symptoms, too.  The weather has been awful this summer and the last time I played golf was July 16th - in France.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back