GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

American Pie course?

(1/8) > >>

John_McMillan:
Just got back from watching the movie "American Wedding."  Jim Levenstein finally gets married, with the wedding held at a golf resort.  While the plot of the movie places the wedding location in Michigan's Grand Traverse County, I am certain that the filming location is nowhere in Michigan.  Does anyone recognize the location at which the wedding and reception are filmed?

Tommy_Naccarato:
John,
I have not seen the movie, but according to the Internet Movie Database, it says Half Moon Bay. The entire movie looks to have been shot in California, including Chapman College and City of Orange, which is about 15 minutes away from me. The Coen Brothers movie, "The Man Who Wasn't There" was also filmed in Orange Circle--the big roundabout that is in the center of town.

Scott_Burroughs:
That's Chapman University, not College, as it once was.   ;D  How do I know and why would this east coast guy care?  My wife and her sister went to Chapman, which was College when they were there, and now is University.

Sorry we missed each other, Tommy.  I very much enjoyed SoCal's two best public courses.  Whoops, does PGA West -(Stadium) get in there?

Tommy_Naccarato:
Thanks for the correction Scott! I'm still stuck in 1977.
Glad you had a good time, and sorry for the quick drop-out.

Scott, email me if you get this.

Scott_Burroughs:
In the morning, I'll e-mail you.

I haven't seen the movie yet, but I'm occasionally pretty good at figuring out courses on screen/print.  I correctly guessed the course in the Lincoln ad from 2 years ago (Rancho San Marcos - never been there) and the course where your infamous "Emperor" pic was taken for Links in Jan 2002 (Lost Canyons).

Here's a related question for you, Tommy.  What SoCal course was used for the scenes in "Rising Sun".  I've never been able to figure it out, even through internet searches.

The course used in "Bringing Down the House", with Steve Martin and Queen Latifah, was Friendly Hills CC near you in Whittier.

I once knew but forgot the club where "Falling Down" scenes were shot (Get off my golf course!")

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version