GolfClubAtlas.com > Golf Course Architecture

Elie to restrict visitors

(1/4) > >>

Ben Sims:
A social media report by the UK Golf Guy indicates that The Golf House Club, Elie will close to visitors from mid-July to mid-August. I went on their site and saw this.

“ The July & August school holiday period is by far our busiest part of the year for members play. Due to capacity issues, play is therefore reserved exclusively for members within this period and no visitors times are available. A ballot is in place for all casual members times within this period.”

A friend said to me recently that he thinks good golf in the UK and Ireland is at or near capacity in many places. This doesn’t match my anecdotal experience over the last two summers, other than Royal Dornoch. Everywhere else we nearly had the place to ourselves and played as fast or slow as we wanted. In late June.

As is their right, Elie is closing to visitors in the high season to preserve their member experience. Yet, they’re so busy they’ll still need a ballot for members in that time. Does any other course in Scotland need a ballot for their *members* in summer?

Daryl David:
What is a “casual member”?  Perhaps they are not full members and must use a ballot?

David_Tepper:
I salute Elie for putting their members first and not feeling obliged to "maximize revenue."

Tony_Muldoon:

--- Quote from: Ben Sims on October 04, 2024, 04:10:53 PM ---
[size=78%]“[/size][size=78%][/size] The July & August school holiday period is by far our busiest part of the [size=78%][/color][/size][size=78%][/color][/size]year for members play. Due to capacity issues, play is therefore reserved [size=78%][/color][/size][size=78%][/color][/size]exclusively for members within this period and no visitors times are available...[size=78%][/color][/size][size=78%][/color][/size].”[size=78%][/color][/size]

--- End quote ---

Royal West Norfolk has had a similar policy for years.  Both Clubs are in popular holiday areas, and with prosperous members.[/size]

Niall C:

--- Quote from: David_Tepper on October 04, 2024, 08:42:28 PM ---I salute Elie for putting their members first and not feeling obliged to "maximize revenue."

--- End quote ---

Well said

Niall

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version