News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Dave Duevel

Old Barnwell?
« on: August 10, 2021, 09:45:42 AM »
Brian Schneider has shared some photos of a future course in South Carolina under the name of Old Barnwell. Curious to learn who's behind that project if it's public info.

(Also, you should check out Brian's social media if you currently do not. His progress updates on the Lido are excellent.)

Blake Conant

Re: Old Barnwell?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2021, 08:57:42 PM »
Old Barnwell will be a new golf club about 12 miles SE of Aiken near Windsor, SC. Brian and I are co-designing it for our client Nick Schreiber who's based out of Charleston.

About a year ago Nick contacted me interested in the prospect of developing a course on sandy ground in Georgia/South Carolina. I asked Brian (who also lives in Charleston) if he was interested in working together on it, and it's progressed relatively quickly since then.

We've got a big chunk of land with a beautiful sand profile and some heaving topography. There's room for a main course, a 5000-6000 yard "holiday" course, and a kids course. Clearing should begin soon and ideally we'll be shaping this winter.

Clyde Johnson

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2021, 02:21:02 AM »
I like the sound of that holiday course!!

Can't wait to see what you boys do.

Sean_A

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2021, 03:15:31 AM »
I like the sound of that holiday course!!

Can't wait to see what you boys do.

+1 🙂

Ciao
New plays planned for 2024:Winterfield, Alnmouth, Camden, Palmetto Bluff Crossroads Course, Colleton River Dye Course  & Old Barnwell

Jeff Schley

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2021, 03:56:44 AM »
Congrats Blake.  Do you know if it will be private or resort? Any special aspects (i.e. walking only, no cart paths, many hazards or water etc.)?

"To give anything less than your best, is to sacrifice your gifts."
- Steve Prefontaine

Daryl "Turboe" Boe

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2021, 10:43:45 AM »
Always glad to see another addition to the golf world here in SC, and especially stoked to see another addition to the newly growing courses in our south central sand belt region of the state.  Not our most populous area but ripe for a golf boom.

I can't wait to follow the progress!  Good luck to everyone involved!
Instagram: @thequestfor3000

"Time spent playing golf is not deducted from ones lifespan."

"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Don Mahaffey

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2021, 11:44:13 AM »
Blake and Brian have performed some very good and unique restoration work.  But the opportunity for them to create something new is very interesting to me.
On sandy ground no less.   Gonna be fun watching this one come to life

Dave Duevel

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2021, 12:08:00 PM »
Congrats, Blake! Wishing you the best on your project.

Combined with Zac's club, the Aiken area is sure going to have some great new courses open in the coming years. Should be fun to watch it all unfold.

Niall C

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2021, 06:29:16 PM »
I'd be interested to hear more on the holiday course and what is going to make it a holiday course ?

Niall

Tim Gallant

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2021, 06:52:56 AM »
Congrats Blake and Brian!

Can't wait to see what the dynamic duo do here.

Bruce Wellmon

« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2021, 09:33:02 AM »
In South Carolina.
On sand.

Congratulations.
Can't wait to see this project.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back