News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Gerry B

Re: Courses with the best Feng Shui
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2008, 10:44:10 PM »
myopia hunt club - when the leaves turn colour in the fall is as good as it gets

fishers island

maidstone

ngla

cypress point

chicago golf club - understated  - a windy fall day is my favorite time of the year there

the sheep ranch -great call

merion east - have to love the par 3 13th on the right as you enter the club on ardmore avenue. bonus points for the wicker baskets

Atlantic City Country Club - subtle features - my favorite being the 1st tee which also is the practice putting green / the adirondack chairs behind the 9th green / the old wooden rakes / the lone  fir tree sitting in the marsh on 14. too bad they had to get rid of the bamboo flag sticks as they kept breaking.

Dan Herrmann

« Reply #26 on: March 27, 2008, 08:33:19 AM »
Gerry - good choices.  There's something about an adirondack chair, isn't there?  We have them above our 18th green and they serve as a social gathering point and provide a lot of fun and relaxation.

jkinney - thanks for sharing.  It's nice to see a member of one of the truly great clubs remember what a special place it is.   So easy to take things for granted.

W.H. Cosgrove

« Reply #27 on: March 27, 2008, 09:53:44 AM »
I prefer Chicken Teriyaki over Feng Shui

archie_struthers

« Reply #28 on: March 27, 2008, 10:21:36 AM »
 8) ;D ;)

Once again my prejudice guides me...of my childhood workplace...but Pine Valley .....when it come s to "balance"  proportionality"  and  that most important aspect of "flow" is unsurpassed in my humble experiences>

Garland Bayley

« Reply #29 on: March 27, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
Superstition Mountain has pretty good feng shui if this can be accomplished there, "But Ochoa returned last spring and chased down Norway's Suzann Pettersen with four birdies in the final three holes, a victory that springboarded her to the No. 1 ranking last April."

From, http://www.golf.com/golf/tours_news/article/0,28136,1725763,00.html
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back