News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Bruce Simons

Definition of a traditional golf course?
« on: July 06, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
Can someone define what a traditional golf course is? To me, it should be by definition something like Prestwick with blind shots, quirky bounces, nature leading the way, etc. As we move away from those original links courses, we move away from "traditional" golf design. What we should call it, I have no idea but I do believe traditional is flat out wrong.

Ran Morrissett

Definition of a traditional golf course?
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 1999, 08:00:00 PM »
I suppose you have to break courses out according to their type: traditional heathland, traditional parkland, traditional links, etc. Doing that, Prestwick certainly qualifies as "the" traditional links. I know what you are saying though - some people would call Muirfield a traditional links and nothing could be further from the truth.

Dean Paolucci

Re:Definition of a traditional golf course?
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2007, 09:57:08 AM »
Just for fun I went back to the first page I could get too and looked at what was being talked about on page 815 over 8 years ago.  With all of the knowledge that has been accumulated from this informed group would "traditional' have different meaning in the US than abroad?  Discuss!
"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt."  --  Mark Twain

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back