News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Anthony Gholz

St Louis CC
« on: October 22, 2024, 11:42:58 AM »
To All:
I've recently been reviewing some of my favorite Raynor courses based on reading the new CGC book.  A comparison on GE of the St Louis CC course between last summer (2023) and this spring (2024) shows a big difference in the bunkering scale and what appears to be a complete tee project.  All holes appear to be affected.  Comparing specific hole bunkering it does not appear that the location and number of bunkers were affected, just a major increase in scale.  The tees do seem to have been moved in some instances.
Does anyone have more info regarding this historic club's redo?
Thanks in advance.Anthony

Kye Goalby

Re: St Louis CC
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 03:08:18 PM »
Anthony, Ive been working at St Louis CC doing little bits of restoration work for almost 20 years and there have been no major projects in the past few years affecting what you’re describing. Your post made me curious what you were observing, and as I guessed, youre looking at a summer photo compared to a winter photo and confusing dormant zoysia grass around features as expansions.

Anthony Gholz

« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 04:49:26 PM »
Thanks Kyle!   I'll revisit GE.   I thought that something like that would have made it to this site.  We saw SLCC during the Curtis Cup years ago and it made a be impact.  Great fun to see Alison Lee et al play over that wonderful property.
Anthony

Joel_Stewart

« Reply #3 on: Yesterday at 07:44:02 PM »
I play there a bit and they did some major tree management last winter due to a disease that killed off over 100 trees. The left side of number 4 opened up some great views of the clubhouse.

The short par 4, 6th hole had the green expanded and I believe Kye did the work. (I posted some before and after on my Instagram account a few months ago). They also did some minor work on the left side of the 1st hole.

The long time superintendent has just retired so it will be interesting to see what new eyes bring to future maintenance. I know the restoration of the bottle green on 15 which has been badly distorted and has been under review.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back