News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Garland Bayley

Re: Presidents Cup and Royal Montreal
« Reply #25 on: Yesterday at 03:20:22 PM »
Some of the most exciting golf I have ever seen, especially on a Saturday afternoon. ;)

Same for me.
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Philippe Binette

« Reply #26 on: Yesterday at 09:42:30 PM »
@matt cohn
Ile bizard island has:
Royal montreal (45 holes)
Elm ridge (36 holes private)
St-Raphaël (36 holes semi private)

Across the water
Laval sur le lac (36 holes private)
Islemere (27 holes semi-private)
Cardinal (18 holes public)

Jim Hoak

« Reply #27 on: Today at 11:45:50 AM »
Some good golf, I'm sure.  Good players; match play is fun; course performed well.
But the outcome was predictable.  And, as even Jason Day said, the match was not really important.  Only Tom Kim seemed to think it was.
I don't know what the future of the Presidents Cup is.  If it weren't owned and promoted by the PGA Tour--unlike the Ryder Cup which is owned by the PGA of America--there would be no Presidents Cup.
But, this is the off-season for golf in the US as it can't compete with the NFL, so maybe it's better than nothing.  But only a little bit better.
« Last Edit: Today at 11:48:51 AM by Jim Hoak »

Tommy Williamsen

« Reply #28 on: Today at 01:25:09 PM »
Unless the earth stopped rotating, the USA was going to win. I just enjoyed watching the matches. Friday and Saturday had some of the most exciting golf of the year.
Where there is no love, put love; there you will find love.
St. John of the Cross

"Deep within your soul-space is a magnificent cathedral where you are sweet beyond telling." Rumi

Garland Bayley

« Reply #29 on: Today at 02:13:41 PM »
I don't understand why anyone would prefer watching singles medal play over team match play.

How many of you play four ball of some sort (nassau, skins, wolf, etc.) at home?

Why quote Jason Day after he lost big? Clearly more upsets happen in match play than in medal play. Why wasn't he gunning for an upset? Clearly someone Avis wouldn't hire! ;)
"I enjoy a course where the challenges are contained WITHIN it, and recovery is part of the game  not a course where the challenge is to stay ON it." Jeff Warne

Wayne_Kozun

« Reply #30 on: Today at 06:03:39 PM »
It was fun to watch, especially the foursomes matches.  Some incredible play.

Kalen Braley

« Reply #31 on: Today at 07:53:14 PM »
Completely agreed with these last couple of comments.

We get so much medal play week after week on TV, I love watching top notch players navigate the course in aggressive fashion, especially 4 somes and 4 balls formats. And its not just these guys, the US Am is typically a great watch too.

P.S.  Jason Day needs to be put to pasture and let the Si Woo Kim's do their thing; now there is a guy I'd love to have on my team!

Matt_Cohn

« Reply #32 on: Today at 08:48:23 PM »
P.S.  Jason Day needs to be put to pasture and let the Si Woo Kim's do their thing; now there is a guy I'd love to have on my team!

Jason Day is ranked 33 in the OWGR; Si Woo Kim is 50  :)

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back