News:

This discussion group is best enjoyed using Google Chrome, Firefox or Safari.

Ira Fishman

St. George’s Hill
« on: August 25, 2024, 02:26:35 PM »
In his feature interview, Richard Pennell discusses a potential restoration of St. George’s Hill. I thought it was one of the more balanced, complete courses I have played. Any information about the restoration?

Thanks.

Ira
« Last Edit: August 25, 2024, 04:44:38 PM by Ira Fishman »

Craig Disher

Re: St. George’s Hill
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2024, 02:48:56 PM »
In his feature interview, Richard Pernell discusses a potential restoration of St. George’s Hill. I thought it was one of the more balanced, complete courses I have played. Any information about the restoration?

Thanks.

Ira
It should be underway soon. Brian Schneider is involved.

mike_malone

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 03:21:44 PM »
He modeled Llanerch in Philly after England now he’s going to model St. George’s Hill after Llanerch.   Just kidding
AKA Mayday

Tom_Doak

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2024, 07:38:13 PM »
It's not just Brian but also Clyde Johnson and Angela Moser working on St George's Hill.  But I'm not sure how aggressively they will go after everything on their master plan.  British clubs tend to spread out the work over 2-3 years, as American clubs used to do.

ward peyronnin

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2024, 02:42:19 PM »
Wow I thought it was pretty darn good 3 years ago. Can soemone explain what is driving this? Bunkers, greens? Or just call me lazy and send to yhe RP piece
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

ward peyronnin

« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2024, 02:42:59 PM »
Is it interview 1 or 2?
"Golf is happiness. It's intoxication w/o the hangover; stimulation w/o the pills. It's price is high yet its rewards are richer. Some say its a boys pastime but it builds men. It cleanses the mind/rejuvenates the body. It is these things and many more for those of us who truly love it." M.Norman

Ira Fishman

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2024, 02:48:28 PM »
Number 2. Pinned as first item on DG.

Tags:
Tags:

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function theme_linktree()
Back